What's new

Lathering creme/croaps

When I make a lather out of a creme (Tobs, Proraso tub), I take a small almond-size spoonful and place it in my lather bowl. I have found that even though I make a nice lather, I waste a lot of creme as it doesn't break down and the brush just moves the lump around. I sometimes don't know this has happened until I'm cleaning out the lather bowl.

Last night I did the same thing but instead put the small bit of creme in a small cup and covered the creme up with water - maybe 2 teaspoons. This morning the creme was completely dissolved. I poured all of the water into a bowl and instantly I had great lather. No waste and instant lather. It turned out to be just the right amount of water also. I thought I would mention this to see what everyone thought. Seems like an easy way to maximize your time and efficiency and minimize waste.

I know what you mean, I just purchased a tub of TOBS that's pretty hard; it seems like it's been on the shelf awhile. Watching the dollop fly around the bowl under my brush is frustrating! I found that smearing the dollop across the bottom into a thin layer helps a lot. Now I'm just pretending it's a soap and loading it like a puck.

I know what you mean, I just purchased a tub of TOBS that's pretty hard; it seems like it's been on the shelf awhile. Watching the dollop fly around the bowl under my brush is frustrating! I found that smearing the dollop across the bottom into a thin layer helps a lot. Now I'm just pretending it's a soap and loading it like a puck.
Ditto. Some of my creams (admittedly a few years old) have dried. I scoop an almond size portion out, smash it into the bottom of my bowl and cover with water while I shower. I then pour out the water into my palm and apply to me face, meanwhile whipping up the lather.

Top Bottom