What's new

Lather

As some of you may know, I just recently found out about microwaving the water I soak my brush in before shaving. here is the report after adding this to my regimen:

Heat water per Obi-ron's instructions

Sterilize Vision (to slightly cool water)

Soak savile row silvertip

Lather soap(rotated between st. charles ginger lime, new spice, cirtrus basil,
classic shaving bay rum, and palmolive cream).

Laugh hysterically:)w00t:) at the EXPLOSION of lather with each product. With the hard soaps, i had so much lather coming out , that i needed another cup to hold it all! The palmolive cream was so abundant, that after 2 days , i went to wally' world and purchased a soup "cup"- this is designed to hold 16 ounces of soup, made of ceramic, and comes with a lid.

Now the best part- the shaves! With so much profuse lather, I believed i would be getting some of my best shaves. Not true- I have experienced some of the greatest shaves ever received in my life. The lather on the brush was enough for 4 passes and then another handful squeezed out. The lather remained warm on the brush throughout.

I now have to go out and purchase a digital camera, just so i can take some pictures of this. If I had not seen it with my own eyes, i wouldn't have believed it.

After shaving my face, i literally had various people touch it to gauge its smooothness. No one believed that these results were obtained the old-fashioned way. In fact, the smoothness lasted for 13hrs.!

All in all, I now have to talk myself out of shaving at night time just to see the lather. is it possible to get 'hooked' on lather? If so, there is no hope for me.

Obi-ron, you have taught this young skywalker well!

Marty

Congrats, Marty.

You've now given me the excuse I was needing to go buy a hot pot. There is no way she can argue with your logic (especially if you use your Jedi mind trick).:ihih:

Now if those are the answers, what were the questions? Marty, my heart soars like an eagle to hear of your experience. That's the way it was meant to be. Better living through lather can fend off the celibacy of the saddle!:thumbup1:
Two great actors in "Little Big Man."

htownmmm said:
All in all, I now have to talk myself out of shaving at night time just to see the lather. is it possible to get 'hooked' on lather? If so, there is no hope for me.

Marty

Brother Marty,
The simple answer is a resounding YES! This is the reason that we are all here; this is the reason we stock up on more creams and soaps than any man can expect to use in the lifetime of a Galapagos Turtle; this is the reason that what was once a mundane chore is something we now not only look forward to, but look for excuses to do on week-ends, vacations, and for some brave souls, try to do twice a day.

Welcome to the brotherhood Jedi-Knight! These ARE the droids you are looking for :a45:

Top Bottom