What's new

Lather with Razorock Third Eye?

Today was the second time I used a new tub of Razorock Third Eye. I also have a tub of Razorock Fresco and a tub of TOBS Avocado. The TOBS is my favorite by far but I have also gotten good results from the Razorock Fresco. However, I am getting a much thinner lather (on the face) and it is not nearly as rich or cushioning. Is this an observation that those of you who have tried it made as well or am I doing something wrong? Is there that much of a difference between Razorock Fresco and Third Eye? I have hard water but that isn't the issue as I use distilled water to lather my shaving creams/soaps. Same brush as well. Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Scott

I've been using Razorock Fresco for the past 6-7 shaves, and it took me a while to optimize the lather. I found that using a stiffer brush (boar for me) and a bit more water than with other soft soaps works really well. This is usually the prescription for most soft soaps (Cella, Panna Crema, etc.) in my experience.

Third is a soap, where Fresco is a cream. My guess... you aren't loading Third Eye long enough. Use a soaked brush and load for at least 30-40 seconds aggressively.

Cheers!

Well thank you for the insight, I will certainly give it a go again, maybe try a different brush as well along with loading it for longer and see what happens.

I don't have Third Eye specifically, but I do have Caprician Lemon, which should be the same soap w/ different scent.

My experience has been completely different. The lather I get is nice and thick, and very lubricating. I use the "Marco method" with a wet brush, and load until decent lather starts forming, then finish up on my face or in the bowl.

Top Bottom