What's new

Lather - post up your favorite brush with a head of lather

19542360-D253-4573-83E7-8607B71AE7D1.jpeg

🤓😆🤣

PIF Soap & Brush 👍👍👍 Thanks to @SgtCrppls
Soap Saponificio Varesino Opuntia
Brush Zenith 28mm B14 Boar
A very nice & classy scent from the soap. The lather was slick but kinda thin on subsequent passes perhaps due to my inexperience with the brush...which is surprisingly soft and satisfying for face lathering! Not so sharply scritchy though, more muted which is enjoyable!
20210622_073958.jpg

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
PIF Soap & Brush 👍👍👍 Thanks to @SgtCrppls
Soap Saponificio Varesino Opuntia
Brush Zenith 28mm B14 Boar
A very nice & classy scent from the soap. The lather was slick but kinda thin on subsequent passes perhaps due to my inexperience with the brush...which is surprisingly soft and satisfying for face lathering! Not so sharply scritchy though, more muted which is enjoyable!
View attachment 1285340
Sounds like a very nice brush. 👍

Cream/Soap Suezbana Lemon & TeaTree
Brush Zenith Pro Aluminum 28mm B14 Boar
Stunning lather from the cream/soap! On this 2nd-use was able to fully utilize the awesome brush to whip up an uber creamy, very slick, and really refreshing scented lather...
20210624_071656.jpg

Busted out the old RV group 2020. Magnificent brush. Used some Murphy & McNeil Garda Siochana I got as a sample and pressed down into my Fine lathering bowl. This combination of soap and brush would make the most stoic man cry with heart-swelling joy. All hyperbole aside, this was an epic shave.

IMG_3171.JPG
IMG_3172.JPG

The bloom on this brush is just breath-taking.

IMG_3176.JPG

This thread has really got me wanting to try some tobacco-scented soaps. Does the tobacco scent linger afterwards? As much as I like the smell of a good cigar or pipe tobacco, I'm not sure my wife would like me walking around smelling like a stogey.
Honestly, it smells like warm oatmeal, vanilla, cinnamon cookies :) I think anytime you see "sweet tobacco" in the description you're gonna get a version of that either with vanilla or cherry. It's a very mild scent that doesn't really linger. It's very warm and inviting - no stogie scent in there at all. I find the same to be true for PAA Cavendish and Central Texas Soaps Tobacco & Amber. I really like them and they go great with Clubman Whiskey Woods or a bay rum after shave!

Top Bottom