What's new

Lather - post up your favorite brush with a head of lather

40B900AD-3C63-40B8-A4D7-2A6FA7DD84A1.jpeg

Christmas Season, Day 6.

When you go Brut, you go Full Brut!

Prep: Hot Shower and Bloom/Lather Building Water
Soap: PAA Et Tu
Razor: Blackland Blackbird Brass (OC and SB)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Razor
Blade: Nacet (5)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Blade (5)
Brush: Surrey Boar (VdH)
AS: Brut (US)
Splash: Brut (US)
EdT: Brut (Eur)

Just a nice shave. I went Full Brut from the shower to the fragrance. Just feel ready to take on the day.
[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Christmas Season, Day 7.

Arko, Baby!

Soap: Arko Soap in a Bowl
Razor: Blackland Blackbird Brass (OC and SB)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Razor
Blade: Nacet (6)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Blade (6)
Brush: The Shave Factory Turkish Boar
AS/EdC: Arko Gold
ASB: Arko Comfort
ASC: Arko Comfort

Turkish Thursday went Full Arko! Just a fantastic shave.
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

A stroll thru the humidor this morning with Van Yulay’s Puros La Habana and a Yaqi 24mm Familia Sagrada Tuxedo Synth.
Hey....really nice interesting-looking soap. I love cigar or pipe scent soaps. Can you please tell me how's the scent and strength?
I have the same Rasozero Barbacco soap and after 1 use, the scent is barely there. How about you?

Hey....really nice interesting-looking soap. I love cigar or pipe scent soaps. Can you please tell me how's the scent and strength?
I have the same Rasozero Barbacco soap and after 1 use, the scent is barely there. How about you?
Hey @Chard52142 Agreed the Barbacco has a very light scent strength. It's all subjective but I'd say the Puros La Habana is twice the Barbacco in terms of scent strength, which is still not super strong. But the character of the scent has more zing to it. It definitely has that peppery cigar note to it. I really enjoy it. It smells like walking into a humidor. Van Yulay has a Black Cavendish scent too, which also looks interesting, but I wanted to try something more cigar forward. I think this fits the bill.

Hey @Chard52142 Agreed the Barbacco has a very light scent strength. It's all subjective but I'd say the Puros La Habana is twice the Barbacco in terms of scent strength, which is still not super strong. But the character of the scent has more zing to it. It definitely has that peppery cigar note to it. I really enjoy it. It smells like walking into a humidor. Van Yulay has a Black Cavendish scent too, which also looks interesting, but I wanted to try something more cigar forward. I think this fits the bill.
I would love to try a tobacco scented soap but I think SWMBO would stroke out. She's not a fan of anything tobacco related (she's allergic to tobacco smoke).

I would love to try a tobacco scented soap but I think SWMBO would stroke out. She's not a fan of anything tobacco related (she's allergic to tobacco smoke).
Totally a factor I hear ya. But I must say I don't pick up any tobacco in Barbacco. I pick up more of a powdery coco butter lotion thing going on and it's very light. Feels great on my face though so it's a winner for me just on that front.

The pipe tobacco scents tend to be more sweet smelling I think, with cherry or vanilla mixed in. The Central Texas Soaps Tobacco & Amber I have smells like warm oatmeal and raisin cookies to me. I know @Chard52142 is a big fan of PAA's Cavendish, which I'll have to try eventually, but that seems to have the sweet thing going on as well. Maybe you could sneak it in under the radar. "Ahh, no babe, that's not sweet, moist pipe tobacco. That's waaaarm freshly-baked oatmeal cookie with hints of cherry, vanilla, and clove!" :)

Thanks, MrBeez, sounds so aromatic & good from your description. I look it up immediately, and the only online vendor that has stock and can send it to my place is the razor company. The price per tub is very reasonable.....but the shipping...was
whoaaa..hahaha. Will be my targeted soap for next year including Henri Et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars + Stirling Haverford

The PAA Cavendish I have does not smell like tobacco but rather a sweet but pipe like scent. Very nice. My wife approves 😁
The pipe tobacco scents tend to be more sweet smelling I think, with cherry or vanilla mixed in. The Central Texas Soaps Tobacco & Amber I have smells like warm oatmeal and raisin cookies to me. I know @Chard52142 is a big fan of PAA's Cavendish, which I'll have to try eventually, but that seems to have the sweet thing going on as well. Maybe you could sneak it in under the radar. "Ahh, no babe, that's not sweet, moist pipe tobacco. That's waaaarm freshly-baked oatmeal cookie with hints of cherry, vanilla, and clove!" :)
Ohhhh yes...I love my Cavendish and yes it's a bit sweet too but there's a distinct pipe-like scent too. After the Cavendish, I bought the Tcheon Fung Sing 'Linea Intenso' Tabacum Crepìto soap and was very disappointed. No tobacco scent at all. Now the Barbacco is also a let down although the Agrumella is spot-on with citrusy scent.
Ahahahahaha....please try and let us know if you can explain "waaaarm freshly-baked oatmeal cookie with hints of cherry, vanilla, and clove" to your wife yah @sdimartino

Christmas Season, Day 8.

M. A. Space Soap Christmas 2019 for the awesme!

Soap: M. A. Space Soap Christmas 2019
Razor: Carbon Shaving Co Cx-316L (Original, +, and ++)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Razor
Blade: Dorco ST-301 (1)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Blade (7)
Brush: Omega S-Brush
AS/EdC: Clubman Special Reserve

Freedom Friday to smell like the gnarled Veteran/Contractor that I am. Like a well used hammer with slight refined details.
[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Thanks, MrBeez, sounds so aromatic & good from your description. I look it up immediately, and the only online vendor that has stock and can send it to my place is the razor company. The price per tub is very reasonable.....but the shipping...was
whoaaa..hahaha. Will be my targeted soap for next year including Henri Et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars + Stirling Haverford

Ohhhh yes...I love my Cavendish and yes it's a bit sweet too but there's a distinct pipe-like scent too. After the Cavendish, I bought the Tcheon Fung Sing 'Linea Intenso' Tabacum Crepìto soap and was very disappointed. No tobacco scent at all. Now the Barbacco is also a let down although the Agrumella is spot-on with citrusy scent.
Ahahahahaha....please try and let us know if you can explain "waaaarm freshly-baked oatmeal cookie with hints of cherry, vanilla, and clove" to your wife yah @sdimartino
Both the Cognac & Cuban Cigars and Haverford seem like good choices to explore for sure. Was also curious about Razorock’s Zi’ Peppino which I know is more about the green leaf which I’ve not smelled before as well as Catie’s Bubbles’ Connecticut Shade and Blackship Grooming’s Captain’s Pipe.

Top Bottom