Central Texas Soaps Tobacco & Amber/Yaqi Sagrada Famila tuxedo

F002885F-60C0-4E55-B30C-E5A32533D92A.jpeg
304505B8-7B69-4E46-A880-B7CF77A4E730.jpeg
C19DF76F-CFA4-4529-BD42-FD5638DAF93D.jpeg

Christmas Season, Day 8.

Full Proraso Red

Prep: Hot Shower and Bloom/Lather Building Water
Soap: Proraso Red in a Tub
Razor: Carbon Shaving Co Cx-316L (Original, +, and ++)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Razor
Blade: Dorco ST-301 (2)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Blade (8)
Brush: Omega 48 Pro
AS: Proraso Red
ASB: Proraso Red Pre/Post used for post only

Pretty good shave. I rushed, but it was still good.
[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Wow....both very nice looking soaps...!! Can you describe the differences?
I have my list now....hahahaha just gotta find a suitable vendor hahahahaha!
Of course! So to my nose these two scents are very similar but the Humidor is stronger than the Tobacco & Amber. That scent is very faint almost like the Barbacco strength. The performance on both of these are outstanding, at least for me.

Now as far as the scent goes, I’d say honey and sweet tobacco with hints of vanilla and clove maybe a little raisin. That’s for both of them just the Soap Shoppe’s is more pronounced. Honestly it kind of reminds me of oatmeal cookies 😁 I wish I knew the PAA Cavendish scent for reference but I’d say they are both more along the lines of a sweet pipe tobacco not a cigar. Hope that helps a bit.

I’m enjoying discovering the diff tobacco scents. Right now I have Tobacco & Amber, Humidor, RR’s Puros, Van Yulay’s Puros La Habana (that really smells like a cigar humidor to me), and Barbacco which I don’t really get a tobacco scent from. But I’m happy with the performance with all of them. Have a good one!

A2011718-B5E3-445C-8527-1EA0F8892984.jpeg

Of course! So to my nose these two scents are very similar but the Humidor is stronger than the Tobacco & Amber. That scent is very faint almost like the Barbacco strength. The performance on both of these are outstanding, at least for me.

Now as far as the scent goes, I’d say honey and sweet tobacco with hints of vanilla and clove maybe a little raisin. That’s for both of them just the Soap Shoppe’s is more pronounced. Honestly it kind of reminds me of oatmeal cookies 😁 I wish I knew the PAA Cavendish scent for reference but I’d say they are both more along the lines of a sweet pipe tobacco not a cigar. Hope that helps a bit.

I’m enjoying discovering the diff tobacco scents. Right now I have Tobacco & Amber, Humidor, RR’s Puros, Van Yulay’s Puros La Habana (that really smells like a cigar humidor to me), and Barbacco which I don’t really get a tobacco scent from. But I’m happy with the performance with all of them. Have a good one!

View attachment 1191064
Im following this conversation with interest, these two look nice and havent seen them on black friday at WCS. I ordered these that I never tried : Chiseled face -Sherlock , Black ship - Captain's pipe, Oleo - smoke on the water and I already got RR Puros but havent tried it. Still not received my order.

Im following this conversation with interest, these two look nice and havent seen them on black friday at WCS. I ordered these that I never tried : Chiseled face -Sherlock , Black ship - Captain's pipe, Oleo - smoke on the water and I already got RR Puros but havent tried it. Still not received my order.
Oh man I absolutely love Sherlock. I honestly don’t pick out any tobacco there it’s more like wet grass and dirt but I just love it. I don’t know how you categorize the scent profile actually would like to hear your description once you try it. Some folks don’t like it at all so curious to hear what you think!

Puros to me is straight up leather and I enjoy it. Blackships’s Captain’s Pipe sounds lovely from the description I read on their site. Gotta check out the description for Smoke On The Water!

Christmas Season, Day 9.

Stirling Spice and Old Spice to smell like I should.

Soap: Stirling Spice
Razor: Carbon Shaving Co Cx-316L (Original, +, and ++)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Razor
Blade: Dorco ST-301 (3)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Blade (9)
Brush: Stirling Badger
AS: Old Spice (US)
ASB: Stirling Spice
EdC: Old Spice (US)

This shave always makes me miss my parents, grandparents, and my uncle.
[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

View attachment 1191064
Thank you very much for your description. I can only imagine the aromatic scent filling-up my bathroom...hahahaha!
Sweet pipe tobacco sounds like Cavendish indeed. I have a list now but Van Yulay’s Puros La Habana is the primary soap to get. I gotta be patient to research and wait for the best deal since shipping to my place is expensive...

Thanks also for your highlight....very interesting choices. Tell us about Puros...I almost got that before and regretted I didn't.

Oh man I absolutely love Sherlock. I honestly don’t pick out any tobacco there it’s more like wet grass and dirt but I just love it. I don’t know how you categorize the scent profile actually would like to hear your description once you try it. Some folks don’t like it at all so curious to hear what you think!

Puros to me is straight up leather and I enjoy it. Blackships’s Captain’s Pipe sounds lovely from the description I read on their site. Gotta check out the description for Smoke On The Water!
Interesting...straight-up leather. Must be similar to the Phoenix & Beau Spitfire...
Blackships’s Captain’s Pipe & Smoke On The Water is stocked by my fav vendor...hahaha...great! Do let me know once you tried...

Christmas Season, Day 10.

M. A. Space Soap Christmas 2019 and Brut Musk for the SOTD!

Soap: M. A. Space Soap Christmas 2019
Blade: Dorco ST-301 (4)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Blade (10)
Brush: VdH Green Boar
AS: Brut Musk
EdT: Brut Musk

Just a nice Christmas and Musk shave!
[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Christmas Season, Day 11.

Full Tabac

Soap: Tabac
Blade: Dorco ST-301 (5)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Blade (11)
Brush: Omega Jade Boar
AS: Tabac
ASB: Tabac
EdC: Tabac

Just a nice Tabac Christmas shave!
[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Top Bottom