What's new

Lather - post up your favorite brush with a head of lather

Soap Stirling Iced Pineapple
Brush Yaqi 24mm Green Mink
This soap scent is truly awesome! The lather is wonderful too...thick, creamy, and slick!
View attachment 1289481
Wait… forget the PERFECT color coding… just realized I used virtually the SAME combo yesterday! 😳😳😳

(Minus the SR, the Yaqi, and the Proraso. Used my Fendrihan’s DE, my Omega pro, and the pineapple aftershave (not as good). Other than that, the SAME! Does that make us “shave bros?!” 🤔😆🤣😆).

Awesome indeed! ☺

(Again with the “color coding” with this guy! 😳😆)
Wait… forget the PERFECT color coding… just realized I used virtually the SAME combo yesterday! 😳😳😳

(Minus the SR, the Yaqi, and the Proraso. Used my Fendrihan’s DE, my Omega pro, and the pineapple aftershave (not as good). Other than that, the SAME! Does that make us “shave bros?!” 🤔😆🤣😆).
Hahahaha...much thanks!! We are all shave brothers here... 😆😆😆

Soap Stirling Black Cherry
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice Tuxedo
The lather from the soap was great as usual. Creamy and slick with a mild pleasant scent.
View attachment 1287979
Just noticed the “Gold Dollar” SR in the foreground.

What’s a “baller” like you doin’ using a “GD?”

Seriously…, you recommend?

Was thinking about getting one after I finish my “apprenticeship” with my $5 shavette. 🩸🤕😆💈

Just noticed the “Gold Dollar” SR in the foreground.
What’s a “baller” like you doin’ using a “GD?”
Seriously…, you recommend?
Was thinking about getting one after I finish my “apprenticeship” with my $5 shavette. 🩸🤕😆💈
Hey, seriously, after my experience... it's best not to. However, there are some here who have it and shave well with it. I thought I wanted to try a real shave-ready straight but introspect, should have gotten a shave-ready vintage from a recognized seller. Although costs abit more but if that GD is a bust, you'll regret the wasted $$$ (like me)
If you are in the US, you have many choices to send a straight to be hone up properly.
I have a shavette too for practice and there really is a difference between the edge (for me at least)
Hope you don't repeat my mistakes... 😃

Hey, seriously, after my experience... it's best not to. However, there are some here who have it and shave well with it. I thought I wanted to try a real shave-ready straight but introspect, should have gotten a shave-ready vintage from a recognized seller. Although costs abit more but if that GD is a bust, you'll regret the wasted $$$ (like me)
If you are in the US, you have many choices to send a straight to be hone up properly.
I have a shavette too for practice and there really is a difference between the edge (for me at least)
Hope you don't repeat my mistakes... 😃
Hey, thanks for your INSIGHT, sir! 🙂

So, if I understand correctly, you didn’t care for the “Gold Dollar?”

Guess you’re just using it in photos for the aesthetics?

I always assumed EVERYTHING you posed had your FULL approval.

I’m curious - why a VINTAGE, vs. a brand new one from a trusted name like “Dovo?” 🤔

Yeah, my shavette really would be for practice as well, before making any serious investment in a true SR kit, which, with a top end razor, and a quality strop, could easily run up into the HUNDREDS. 😳💵💰💈

Every time I make it back around to Castle Forbes in my rotation it makes me wonder why I own any other soap.

To be fair, I wonder the same thing about most of my soaps… 🤣

Omega 10098.

3CEEA856-47ED-4D93-BE7A-17BC15817668.jpeg
61A4E6F7-551C-4F36-A6C2-F53273D0FE2D.jpeg
C5304FD7-328E-4507-9F1A-DB48AA09B711.jpeg
506EFF49-7C25-4789-804E-6F721E5811A0.jpeg

Hey, thanks for your INSIGHT, sir! 🙂

So, if I understand correctly, you didn’t care for the “Gold Dollar?”

Guess you’re just using it in photos for the aesthetics?

I always assumed EVERYTHING you posed had your FULL approval.

I’m curious - why a VINTAGE, vs. a brand new one from a trusted name like “Dovo?” 🤔

Yeah, my shavette really would be for practice as well, before making any serious investment in a true SR kit, which, with a top end razor, and a quality strop, could easily run up into the HUNDREDS. 😳💵💰💈
Yeah...I thought to try a so-called shave-ready GD which is not so expensive. The 1st GD send by the vendor was rusted although I still shave with it and the vendor sends another replacement but still not as good. I do have my own vintage straights but unfortunately, they're not shave-ready and I failed multiple times trying to hone them myself. However, I am lucky to recently found someone locally who likes to hone straights with Jnats and thus you will see more of my straight razors postings among DEs & SEs.
I was prepared to send my straights to either the US or UK... 😅😅
I prefer vintage because the material used back then was really good stuff, plus not so expensive. Nowadays, new razors are expensive especially the good and reliable brands like Ralf Aust or Koraat. I wouldn't want a Dovo...hahaha😆😆

Yeah...I thought to try a so-called shave-ready GD which is not so expensive. The 1st GD send by the vendor was rusted although I still shave with it and the vendor sends another replacement but still not as good. I do have my own vintage straights but unfortunately, they're not shave-ready and I failed multiple times trying to hone them myself. However, I am lucky to recently found someone locally who likes to hone straights with Jnats and thus you will see more of my straight razors postings among DEs & SEs.
I was prepared to send my straights to either the US or UK... 😅😅
I prefer vintage because the material used back then was really good stuff, plus not so expensive. Nowadays, new razors are expensive especially the good and reliable brands like Ralf Aust or Koraat. I wouldn't want a Dovo...hahaha😆😆
What’s wrong with Dovo SR’s?

I gotta be honest... I *love* this brush. But I *HATE* doing these pictures when I'm using this brush. Why? Because it's mirrored, and every time I want to take a picture with this brush I have to practically tie myself into a knot to make sure my moobs don't show up in the reflection. Because, let's face it, nobody wants to see my moobs.

3323112D-6D0D-48E2-8049-D8EC1A10D036.jpeg
41957B8A-1B37-45F7-AF48-C2528610B76C.jpeg

I gotta be honest... I *love* this brush. But I *HATE* doing these pictures when I'm using this brush. Why? Because it's mirrored, and every time I want to take a picture with this brush I have to practically tie myself into a knot to make sure my moobs don't show up in the reflection. Because, let's face it, nobody wants to see my moobs.

View attachment 1290443View attachment 1290444
Hey, you never know! 🤔

There may be serious “moob” fans out there!

Why, you could start a whole new thread - “Show us your moobs Monday!” 😳😆😂🤣✌🏼

I’m sorry…, but I’m convinced “Chard52142” is an UNDERCOVER wholesaler of shaving supplies! 🧐😲

How else to explain the amazing COLOR combinations he comes up with, and using DIFFERENT products as well, EVERYTIME? 🤔

8AC72739-AF49-4E6D-BD76-04D08EE04B61.gif

Oh my goodness. I think I have found the PERFECT combination of razor, blade, brush, and soap. This shave was transcendent. Usually a one pass shave leaves me with a SAS (socially acceptable shave) and I need at least a second pass for a DFS or BBS. With this combo, I had a one pass DFS. I've never had that before. After my customary second pass and a few touch ups, I had a shave that redefined BBS for me. I want to use just this combo from now on. I won't, but I want to.

Merkur Progress 500, Feather Platinum, Semogue 2000, and Murphy & McNeil Bull and Bell series Bay Rum.

And 100% moob-free.

IMG_3295.JPG
IMG_3302.JPG
IMG_3297.JPG

IMG_3301.JPG

Top Bottom