What's new

Lather - post up your favorite brush with a head of lather

IMG_8921.jpg

That looks CREAMY!
Thanks!
Yes it is wonderfully creamy...and aromatic scent of sweet pipe tobacco. Cavendish is one of my favourite and I need use it sparingly together with the aftershave as it is very difficult to get both to my place..
Your lather is no less creamy too...looks wonderful..

It is an awesome fragrance, if I do say so myself. The smell is like the music from "The Presidents of the United States of America" all Bass.
The razor is the Colonial Razors Silversmith, which is super mild. They also have an SE called the General which is real popular.

Thanks!
Yes it is wonderfully creamy...and aromatic scent of sweet pipe tobacco. Cavendish is one of my favourite and I need use it sparingly together with the aftershave as it is very difficult to get both to my place..
Your lather is no less creamy too...looks wonderful..
Thank you.

Yaqi Tuxedo Synthetic
Chiseled Face - Cryogen

Big thank you to @Suhrim21 for the sample and brush!

IMG_20200227_190025.jpg

Here are some words about Cryogen:

My face still feels cold. "Cryogen" is not a joke or some sort of hyperbole meant to move product. I propose it is rather more like a warning label. This product produces a fearsome feeling of intense cold. As you lather it produces a smell almost note-for-note like Vick's Vapo-Rub. I would say it is mentholated well past the point at which you would call it a pleasant tingle. By all means, if you are brave and curious, get a sample of this stuff. It is an experience. Not one I want to repeat, mind, so if one of you gents is like "hell yeah I like the feeling of ten-below winds whipping my face and maybe leading to permanent damage" then be the first to reply here and I'll PIF it to you. Be sure to PM me about your results. I was powering through this shave trying to get the freezer burn to stop.

You really have a talent for making the best of whatever you are lathering up!
I look at it like this, there are several ways to get a lather. Face Lather, dry puck loading, wet puck loading, pucks that need to be used constantly, pucks that can be used sparingly, bowl lathering, so on and so forth.
Each soap maker had something in mind on how they wanted their product to be used. The fun and joy is trying to find that way. A lot of your older hard soaps were meant to be used everyday. Thus they were meant to be more or less constantly wet. However, the dryness of the puck was for the ability to store the soap longer before use. (Think Old West Days)

So, here are two things I have figured out;
  1. Almost every soap is great
  2. Just need to figure out how they were meant to be used

Yaqi Tuxedo Synthetic
Chiseled Face - Cryogen

Big thank you to @Suhrim21 for the sample and brush!

View attachment 1067941

Here are some words about Cryogen:

My face still feels cold. "Cryogen" is not a joke or some sort of hyperbole meant to move product. I propose it is rather more like a warning label. This product produces a fearsome feeling of intense cold. As you lather it produces a smell almost note-for-note like Vick's Vapo-Rub. I would say it is mentholated well past the point at which you would call it a pleasant tingle. By all means, if you are brave and curious, get a sample of this stuff. It is an experience. Not one I want to repeat, mind, so if one of you gents is like "hell yeah I like the feeling of ten-below winds whipping my face and maybe leading to permanent damage" then be the first to reply here and I'll PIF it to you. Be sure to PM me about your results. I was powering through this shave trying to get the freezer burn to stop.
Great lather! I'll try the cryogen, why not.

Top Bottom