What's new

Lather - post up your favorite brush with a head of lather

Your URL should look like this;
https:// or http:// enter site name .com .org .net / folder /folder / object

PAA Solstice
Yaqi 24mm Silvertip Badger
20200126_061340.jpg

20200126_062738.jpg

I know it doesn't look too great, but it's one of the better lathers I've made. I'm still new to wetshaving, a little over a year, and I only started to get better lathers consistently in the past month.
proxy.php

Apologies about the picture being sideways. Not sure how to change the orientation.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Loving my first scuttle. Tabac never disappoints!

I'm new to wet-shaving and Santa brought me a GP scuttle (and the same silvertip you have there).

...few things in life rival that warm lather on a cold winter morning. :)

Is it okay to get the bottoms wet? I use it in the shower (have a large stone seat in there to set it on, so no real direct contact with the water...until I rinse it out), but wondering if constant exposure to the wet will prematurely wear it out (not glazed like the rest or whatever you call it). The same with my shavebowl...what I would call 'unfinished' bottom.

My only exposure to clay was making ashtrays and pipes in high school, so thought I should ask. :)

I'm new to wet-shaving and Santa brought me a GP scuttle (and the same silvertip you have there).

...few things in life rival that warm lather on a cold winter morning. :)

Is it okay to get the bottoms wet? I use it in the shower (have a large stone seat in there to set it on, so no real direct contact with the water...until I rinse it out), but wondering if constant exposure to the wet will prematurely wear it out (not glazed like the rest or whatever you call it). The same with my shavebowl...what I would call 'unfinished' bottom.

My only exposure to clay was making ashtrays and pipes in high school, so thought I should ask. :)

That is a good question and I do not know. I use my scuttle on the counter by the sink so I don't think the bottom sees too much water. I think the level of porosity of clay depends on how it is molded and how it is fired. I bet you could shoot GP an e-mail and ask. If it is not waterproofed I also bet you could use a waterproofing compound on that bottom surface. Again GP could probably provide some guidance on that.

Top Bottom