What's new

Lather Optimization Updates

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Definitely a lot of work put in to these reviews and many members no doubt find them valuable. I notice a few really popular soaps are mid-tier or bottom-tier in your testing. If this proves anything it’s that individual results will vary. In the long run you are finding what soaps work best for you and that is invaluable. And some entertainment for the B&B in the process. Keep it up!

Definitely a lot of work put in to these reviews and many members no doubt find them valuable. I notice a few really popular soaps are mid-tier or bottom-tier in your testing. If this proves anything it’s that individual results will vary. In the long run you are finding what soaps work best for you and that is invaluable. And some entertainment for the B&B in the process. Keep it up!

Thanks, Jason! :thumbup1: You're right about how we have our different opinions. As I'm finding what works best for me, I can only hope that my evaluations help others find what works best for them, too. At the very least, others can get some entertainment out of it. :001_tongu

Gentlemen, I recently began using Van der Hagen shaving soap; which is giving me great lather. However, I use a very soft BarBury brush. I recently discovered that I need to make sure the brush is not saturated before working up the day's lather, otherwise, I get a soup broth lather, instead of a biscuit gravy thickness.

Top Bottom