What's new

Lather bowls

Suribachi mortar. The ridges make for quick lathering. My perfect bowl.

Yes I have one of those also. Works pretty good.

Suribachi.JPG

I get the best performance from the Pereira bowl but I enjoy using the Timeless bowl more because it is more compact and easy to hold. My top 2 for sure. In 3rd place would be the Fine Bowl which I fine the depth to be just right.

Pereiras.JPG

My first bowl was a Georgetown Pottery G20 scuttle. For a while, I actually used it as a scuttle as well. Eventually, I got tired of the extra time of adding water inside the scuttle and used it as a bowl instead. Regardless, it always worked well for actually building a lather, but my biggest issue is longevity. If your hands get a little slick, it could slip right out of your hands, and it did that for me. The first time it broke the handle a bit, so I super glued it back together. That lasted for another couple years, but I dropped it again a few weeks ago and it completely broke.

After that, I went with the Timeless lather bowl. I like the fact that it would be very difficult to break, and it's pretty easy to hold while building a lather. Plus, the inside of the bowl is plenty big for building a lather. With this bowl, I've even found that it makes it more obvious if a lather needs more water. The lather tends to ride up the sides of the bowl rather than settling at the bottom. Overall, I like it, and the price is hard to beat.

Eh Chard, do you prefer that 26mm DS or the 26mm yaqi moka?
Hi and thanks for asking.
Personally, I prefer the 26mm DS specifically for the handle...it is more comfortable to hold as compare to the Moka. Both the Badger Bristles feel similar but the DS feel a bit better. The DS bristles are abit longer.
Another reason I am biased to the DS is because when I received the Moka....it stunks terribly! Took me more than a week of daily treatment. If you were to let me choose again I would not hesitate to get both if possible. I did not regret getting the Moka. It looks great!
I did post how I drop & broke it then repaired it...well not 100%
Hope this can help you decide...
Best regards,

Hi and thanks for asking.
Personally, I prefer the 26mm DS specifically for the handle...it is more comfortable to hold as compare to the Moka. Both the Badger Bristles feel similar but the DS feel a bit better. The DS bristles are abit longer.
Another reason I am biased to the DS is because when I received the Moka....it stunks terribly! Took me more than a week of daily treatment. If you were to let me choose again I would not hesitate to get both if possible. I did not regret getting the Moka. It looks great!
I did post how I drop & broke it then repaired it...well not 100%
Hope this can help you decide...
Best regards,
Excellent, thx a lot. I asked cause I put the model im interested in my cart and both are. Because they will both be on sale in 2 days and because 11/11 not too far, I was trying to look at DS and wait for the yaqi sale to get a couple more. Im happy you got them all so I get a good input :). Thank you

Excellent, thx a lot. I asked cause I put the model im interested in my cart and both are. Because they will both be on sale in 2 days and because 11/11 not too far, I was trying to look at DS and wait for the yaqi sale to get a couple more. Im happy you got them all so I get a good input :). Thank you
You are most welcome. I have a few brushes in the cart too....depending on the sale prices I may pull the trigger...'may'...Hahahaha...

I use a marble mortar / grinder bowl from Target. Solid marble and has ridges as well which makes good lather. Pretty cheap as well
My daily driver uh lather bowl is a dark grey granite mortar. So far I have not found any bowl which shape and texture beats it. Only issue you need a long handle brush.

Messygoon

Abandoned By Gypsies.
You guys inspired me. My new Tabac wouldn’t fit in my mug, so I grabbed an old US Army Medical Dept bowl purchased years ago.

Top Bottom