What's new

Lather Bowls - Lets see em.

IMG_1664.jpegFor many years I used a bamboo bowl my wife found for me at Target. As I started playing around with more soap styles and brushes I found I wanted a slightly larger bowl. I found something called a Shavebowl Traveler which seems to be working out nicely.
IMG_1665.jpeg

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
I use a collapsible silicone dog feeder bowl--the small one with the "slow feeder" nubs on the bottom. In winter, I sometimes dust off a Becker scuttle.

Past bowls have included a Vikings Blade s/s bowl, a hammered copper Turkish bowl and a ceramic cereal bowl.

So far, the winner is the two for $7 dog bowl, though I may splurge on a heavy Captain's Choice copper bowl once they are back in stock. Makes no sense, I know, but this is shaving we're talking about.

I had a very brief chance to purchase another one exactly like it but hesitated because of pricing and when I came back to the seller it was gone...shame on me for hesitating as it’s a great razor

If it is the seller I saw on ebay from japan he is gone until shipping opens up again. He has a jnat I want just for kitchen knives big freaking stone for cheap. I seriously doubt it will work for razors but should give a nice finish to my japanese knives.

the one in the middle looks awesome. What is it?

but..... difficult to clean, a b.... if you are like me and change soap a lot. They have prettier Colored ones now.
do not bother with the small travel version to small, my foldable silicone is easier For that. But they have a larger silicone version too and more

but..... difficult to clean, a b.... if you are like me and change soap a lot. They have prettier Colored ones now.
do not bother with the small travel version to small, my foldable silicone is easier For that. But they have a larger silicone version too and more
They lather well just clean not so easy the soap gets into those holes and soaking it is the best to get it out.
Imho it is a tad to agressive profile and the swirls and knobs you see in other bowls is just smarter.
They should have made it dimpled or ridged

Last edited:
I got this ceramic bowl from a guy named Doug Smith Pottery on Etsy, for $24. I like it because of the concave lip which keeps the lather from spilling over. I can whip the brush around like nobody's business without spilling a drop. At first there was a bit of annoying clinking from the brush against the side, but I learned to hold the bowl at an angle and the brush halfway down the handle and can now lather up a storm with nary a clink.

IMG_9531.jpg

Top Bottom