What's new

lathe accessories

Today was my first day with the new pin jaw set. Night and day difference. Wish i'd had these months ago, things went so much smoother.

Managed two handles... and then the lathe broke :/ Oh well.

Its an older Teknatool TL1000/8S. Yellow beast with diamond shaped runner for the tailstock. I'm not a fan for a number of reasons but it works when it's working.

Someone had put a grinding stone on the end of the axle, this had come lose and was occasionally hitting the pin that locks the gears in place. The pin wore out and now that mechanism is uncontrolled meaning it will lock or unlock at random.

May need to take to it with an angle grinder as i can't get the nut that is holding the grinding stone to come lose, which means i can't get to the mechanism as the wheel is to close to it.

I didn't set this up..

@Fat Larry That sucks mate but I know where your coming from, as mine e broke it bust a plate behind the chuck that holds the spindle lock. They sent one part that was way to big and at the moment I'm awaiting the second part, fingers crossed it's the right part this time....

But you got 2 handles done, and all I got was part of a pen blank lol......

Top Bottom