What's new

Latest haul, lucky, very lucky.

I bought a large lot of razors out of the 'bay, the pictures stank but I could make out a Fatboy, a few Slims, and a handful of other razors that I wanted to try. It was a big gamble since I didn't know if I was getting a bunch of locked up TTOs, rejects from someone else's collection or what. I ended up getting them for relatively cheap. Well the box came in the other day. Some had rusty blades still in them, lots of soap scum etc...

A long soak in some dish detergent and hot tap water then a gentle brushing with a toothbrush and here is what I have...

E3 1959 Fatboy in a solid Condition #2 (B&B's standards http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/66914-Razor-Rating-Grading-Guidline)
I1 & L1 Slims in Cond #2 or #3
M1 Slim in #3 I guess (slight paint loss in numbers)
I4 Slim in #6 (some joker tried to take it apart and buggered up the handle detail)
B2 Red Tip in #3, broken case
G1, B2, B3 Flare tips in #3
Z2 Flare with one bubble of plate loss in silo door
'40's SS NDC in #3 (assuming it is a 1949 since it came with a very rough plastic case)
Gem G bar in #3
Gem Jr in #4
Fat Handle Tech Chrome in #4 (may have a rough case, you know how they are about putting things in cases that aren't original)
V2 Super Adj long with no paint in numbers, otherwise nice
L4 & N4 Black handle Flares with no plate loss, still cleaning. 1 decent case, 1 broken case
C4 Blue Tip with no plate loss, still cleaning
Star Gold with no plate loss
Probak in decent shape
Then the stuff that isn't so good, 3 fat handle techs, 1 plastic tech, ball tech, Gem Micromatic that needs a lot of love, 2 injectors (one with a case), and I guess a NEW.

A weird assortment of really nice stuff. Abnormal to say the least, I don't think many do that well on the 'bay. They arrived just chucked in a box like a pound of nails :yikes:, 'preciate that!

I'm going to clean them up, take a few for myself, give a few away, try a couple others, then price the rest decently on the BST.

I'll have to find where SWMBO put the camera and the whachamacallit than connects it to the computer so I can get some pictures up.

Oh, and 2 old school Oster manual hair clippers. What I am going to do with them, I don't know.

Last edited:
And yet they look so good now. A testament to the quality of them. And you obviously cleaned them very well.

Dish soap, hot tap water, and a toothbrush. They still have some scum in some of the nooks and crannys. Scrubbing bubbles and a toothbrush next.

That's a Gem G Bar (aka the Heavy Flat Top), a single-edge razor that, in my experience, shaves very well indeed!

I didn't really intend to mess with the single edges, but when one that nice falls in your lap, you just have to try it. I need to find some decent blades.

Try that Heavy Flat Top, they're great razors. You can get a 10 pack of GEM SE stainless steel blades at most Walgreens for $5-$6.

Top Bottom