What's new

Late 1945 - Early 1946 Aristocrat

This is another of my favorite razors that are my rotation. I had always just called this “NDC” or ‘48 - ‘49 Aristocrat, but I decided to try and get a better date for it. With a little research here and Mr-Razor’s site I was able to correctly date it to Late 1945 - Early 1946. I get effortless BBs shave with it.

8B028028-06A6-4C5C-81C0-335EC95A5FEF.jpeg
9AF8E77E-02AB-4196-A91B-9C16A053FBDB.jpeg
F9181004-7810-441B-BF7D-56736CA6314C.jpeg

Tom

I call that razor the 1946-1947 Gillette Aristocrat, which was followed by the slightly milder 1948-1950 Gillette Aristocrat.

The 1946-1947 is my favorite Aristocrat of all of 'em, at least it's best for my tough whiskers and tender facial skin. By coincidence I shaved with the 1946-1947 last week, and this week I'm shaving with the 1948-1950 model.

One of my favorite razors, I will be sending one out for a replate here next week. These razors are crazy smooth and gentle while being very efficient. If you have a chance, try a ranger tech or milord from the same era. These have the same head and shave very similar but the Aristocrat wins for feel in hand and smoothness!

I'm not sure thats an Aristocrat. It's my understanding that all Aristocrats had stamping inside under the center bar. I don't see it on this razor, or I just might not be looking at it from the right angle. I have the same razor and has been ID's as a Regent Tech. I'm not trying to raise a stink, just an observation.

I'm not sure thats an Aristocrat. It's my understanding that all Aristocrats had stamping inside under the center bar. I don't see it on this razor, or I just might not be looking at it from the right angle. I have the same razor and has been ID's as a Regent Tech. I'm not trying to raise a stink, just an observation.
That was what I thought, but looking at mr-razor’s site, it shows it as a Late 1945 Early 1946.

Tom

That was what I thought, but looking at mr-razor’s site, it shows it as a Late 1945 Early 1946.

Tom
Guess I'm not convinced. All the Aristocratsat mr-razors sites have inscription under the center car. Something about Patten on package. Well I'll just go back to my corner and be quite. More knowledgeable people than me have blessed this identification.

Guess I'm not convinced. All the Aristocratsat mr-razors sites have inscription under the center car. Something about Patten on package. Well I'll just go back to my corner and be quite. More knowledgeable people than me have blessed this identification.
My friend, I don’t see it as raising a stink! We are trying to learn, what we have. What I see is the difference between the Ranger Tech and the Aristocrat is that the Aristocrat has end caps and the Ranger Tech does not. Don’t ever be quite, as I don’t claim to be right, just my observations. Have a great day!!!

Tom

Not Ranger, but rather a Regent. Looks just like an Aristocrat, but without the center stamp and without end caps too.

Top Bottom