What's new

Last razor I'll ever purchase?

Have you ever said to yourself "this is so good it's the last razor I'll ever need to buy?"

• Yes, and I meant it and never did buy another.

Votes: 25 13.7%
  • Yes, and I meant it, but then bought another later.

Votes: 33 18.0%
  • Yes, but I knew deep inside that I was kidding myself.

Votes: 31 16.9%
  • Nope...I know myself well enough to not make commitments like that!

Votes: 94 51.4%

• Total voters

linty1

My wallet cries.
I haven’t gone crazy with razors. I have quite a few, but most are old Gillettes that cost around $10 at antique shops.

I have a Karve, Rockwell 6S and recently ordered a Game Changer and they are my most expensive. All were under $100 each though.

The Timeless looks excellent, but I really have no interest in a $500 Wolfman or similar. Lots of great razors available new for under $100 IMO. Not knocking youse guys and your fancy razors... god knows I have enough expensive brushes. 🤪

Timeless has their Aluminum scratch and dent rn for $50... but their shipping to Canada is $35.

Timeless has their Aluminum scratch and dent rn for $50... but their shipping to Canada is $35.
I saw that. $35 for shipping just means they don‘t want to ship to Canada IMO. Way too high.

I had messaged Matt at Timeless about their shipping when I got my razor. They don’t want to use USPS as it’s too slow and customers complain so the $35 will get you the most efficient method. For me he could have sent it 1 day Fed Ex shipping but then I would have had to pay taxes and fee for sure so he sent it to me by USPS and refunded me the difference in shipping. Took a lot longer but saved a lot of money as I didn’t have to pay taxes or fee

linty1

My wallet cries.
I had messaged Matt at Timeless about their shipping when I got my razor. They don’t want to use USPS as it’s too slow and customers complain so the $35 will get you the most efficient method. For me he could have sent it 1 day Fed Ex shipping but then I would have had to pay taxes and fee for sure so he sent it to me by USPS and refunded me the difference in shipping. Took a lot longer but saved a lot of money as I didn’t have to pay taxes or fee

That is such a great little tip that I might action on that, thank you!

Despite being new to wet shaving - definitely know that I’ll be getting loads more razors - why stop yourself from buying new shiny toys! Can always sell them on afterwards if it’s not something that suits you !

I know people are probably joking about arguing with their wife about shaving purchases, but in case this is actually causing some people relationship tensions, negotiate a hobby budget...i.e., figure out if you can agree on an amount of money both of you are allowed to spend on whatever each month. That way, if you want to save up for something crazy like a Wolfman, you can just save for a few months, or if you want to blow it all on soaps and vintage Gillettes every month, you could do that, too. Having an amount pre-negotiated that you both know is safe and you trust each other to stick to takes a lot of the stress out of hobby purchases.

Well i was on here a while ago after buying the Gamehangers .68 and .84sb.The .84 was the razor for me didn't need another.I enden up getting the .72 lupo and love it as much as my Gamechanger.I've just ordered the .95 Lupo because you know it might just be that little bit better you never know.I'm hoping it's going to be too aggresive so i don't carry on buying more razors lol.I've got two that i love but the curiosity got me in the end.I'm pretty sure the .95 is going to be my last razor. ;)

I voted "no". I'm on sabbatical so I'm definitely not even looking until late December, but since I got my Karve, I haven't even wanted to look.

The one, and only razor I own, is the Timeless Ti SB .95, I have sold every other razor . I had 3 Timeless razors at one time and decided this one was the most efficient, that I could use on a daily basis.

The only other razor I will buy will be the Wolfman, when my name comes up, at that point I will be done buying razors.

Now brushes and soaps are another story, but I am narrowing that down quickly as well.

No more than 14 brushes max, currently at 10 with a Morris & Forndran on the way.

Soaps I have a top 5, then 4 that are in second place.

Blades I have 4 that I rotate thru regularly and 2 others that I may use occasionally.

Top Bottom