What's new

Last night. me. creamo. ohhh.

It was a dark and stormy night and I just hadn't shaved that morning, so a 36 hour beard. Put a Med Prep in an Old Thin Cap and i said...Lets really test the Creamo.
So it was a tough set of conditions for Creamo - a solid beard growth, no shower, quick, almost negligent face prep, dang sharp blade in an aggressive razor (which probably helped, actually)
Great shave,, took my time, great results, face felt terrific.
I'm a Proraso guy, so it always takes some nerve to work up and use Creamo. This was a heck of a test and i gotta say, it works for me, a nice change and a dependable product. Just another small adventure.

Surprised it worked without any (or very little) prep, but good to hear it worked this way for you

Just FYI, it's Cremo.

How does someone with a ZERO post count... post?

Seen at my local Walmart. I might start spending less on groceries, and more on shaving!

$cremo walmart.gif

How does someone with a ZERO post count... post?

Right, wouldn't it be 1 post and not 0 posts ? And joined Jun 2013 with 0 posts. Weird...

Anyway, last time I used Cremo it worked well but did cut my lower neck just a bit which never happens with C.O. Bigelow & Glycerin.

I really like Cremo and will frequently add it for uberlather purposes. It really stings the eyes though (head shaver) so you have to be careful

I really like Cremo and will frequently add it for uberlather purposes. It really stings the eyes though (head shaver) so you have to be careful

I was thinking about trying it this way since my results alone were good but not sure if good enough. I will probably try again and see if it was an anomaly, like maybe I missed product coverage on that spot.

I really struggle with Cremo. My first shave was amazing, and once or twice I've replicated that, but mostly they've been subpar. It seems like a really hard product to get the cream to water ratio right. When it's right, it's fantastic, but when it isnt, I get very little glide and protection. Maybe it's just me, but it seems temperamental. If you use it more, tell us how your shaves go and if it stays consistent for you.

I am compelled to be a contrarian here. I just cannot stand Cremo. To try and give it a chance,I've used it seveal times.However,each and every time,I've had a miserable shave. I get very little cushion and protection from it and my razor just 'drags' thru this stuff. For me.even at a very cheap $5 or $6,its in no way worth even that small price. Finally.I threw mine in the trash !

Craig

I bought a tube. Worked ok once you got the right water ratio. I keep it in my minimalist go kit (cremo, bic sensitive, Tom's deodorant, toothbrush and paste). Other than that, don't touch it. I don't like it for SR shaving.

I get very little cushion and protection from it and my razor just 'drags' thru this stuff. For me.even at a very cheap $5 or $6,its in no way worth even that small price. Finally.I threw mine in the trash !

Craig

Perfect description of my experience. Unless the water to product ratio is perfect (which is a minority of shaves) it feels like this. I tried it for two weeks and gave up. The company highly recommends shower shaving so the moisture can keep it active, but I'm not a shower shaver so that doesn't help me.

Rubbed straight on the face/head in the shower, used with a generic multi-blade razor, it works great for me.

I preffer a brush lathered DE shave, but if I'm in a rush...

I'm not sure when I'll use it next. I still have some lingering issues with my lower neck on one side from my last shave with it so having a hard time trusting it, at least by itself, at this point.

I keep a tube around to use with a Harry's cartridge on mornings when I am pressed for time. It works pretty well for that. With a DE, I'm not so sure. I have yet to try it.

I tried this a few times, didn't like it and shelved it. I was running late for work so used it a couple of months later, added a lot of water and now I love it. It's a good substitute when I don't have time to do my normal routine.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I've never been a fan of brushless creams, but Creamo truly is a step above the competition. Very interesting product and, from the pic, it really is placed in an excellent price point, too.

Top Bottom