What's new

Last blade you tossed - the OTHER tossed...

Not interested in the last blade changeout in your razor, interest instead is on which blade, still in the wrapper or box, you decided was so unworthy of use that you sucked up the paltry few cents or dollars invested and summarily tossed in the trash can.

Me: A box of 4 Treet blades with the 5th right behind after 1 use.

Gave as much chance I can give to SuperMax Chromium...but then I tossed 80 pcs to garbage. Worst blades ever. :D

proxy.php
don't buy this, ever.

Dorco. They didn’t have any model labeling like all the ones I see now, just a plain Dorco dispenser box. I shaved with two new blades on consecutive days and both felt like a garden rake, plus after three passes I still needed a shave!

2FE59825-1A48-4899-B1F1-B1F8D363A156.jpeg

I chucked half a dozen tucks of Personna Blue's and a tuck of Treet's. PB's have just never worked for me and the Treet's started rusting after one shave!

The blades which came with a qshave futul dreadful stuff

And I have the qshave futuls revamped with magnetic cap in the mail pretty sure blades accompanied will go to the bin.

Last edited:
Crystal. The worst thing that has happened to my face since....ever.
Really? Personna Crystals? They are in my top 5 out of likely a hundred blades I have tried. Amazing how blades perform differently for different people.

Merkur and Indian Gillette Swords (the ones with the black blade) are by far the worst I have tried. Rockwell is pretty close. All are just garbage IMO.

Really? Personna Crystals? They are in my top 5 out of likely a hundred blades I have tried. Amazing how blades perform differently for different people.

Merkur and Indian Gillette Swords (the ones with the black blade) are by far the worst I have tried. Rockwell is pretty close. All are just garbage IMO.
I know! I used it in a myriad of razors too. I can even use a Derby in my SS but I just couldn't finish a shave with a Crystal.

Tossed a tuck plus 3 blades of Wilkinson Sword (German) and a tuck plus 2 blades of Astra SP. tried 2 different blades of the WS and 3 different blades of the Astra SP. Each shave was horrible with these blades. Have tried like 40 different blades and haven’t experienced shaves like that with any other blades

Tossed a tuck plus 3 blades of Wilkinson Sword (German) and a tuck plus 2 blades of Astra SP. tried 2 different blades of the WS and 3 different blades of the Astra SP. Each shave was horrible with these blades. Have tried like 40 different blades and haven’t experienced shaves like that with any other blades

Like someone else said, funny how we each get different experiences. The German Wilkinson Sword blades are my favorite. Very consistent. I feel that blades are the most YMMV part of wet shaving.

Gave as much chance I can give to SuperMax Chromium...but then I tossed 80 pcs to garbage. Worst blades ever. :D

proxy.php
don't buy this, ever.
Never saw a super-max chromium blade !

I find the super-max stainless, ones which come in brown packing to be perfectly qualified for the bin. However I find that after a tuggy first shave they actually felt wee bit sharper on shave 2 or 3 - go figure!

Not sure if some coating on the blades did that.

Meanwhile, free blades with qshave, ming-sgi and treet carbons all went to the bin for me.

Rockwell blades. I got 100 of them free with my 6S four years ago and bought another 100 right away because they were such a good price. Then I started actually trying to shave with them. I kept thinking it was me; no blade could be that dull. One day I went back to it again with a fresh blade. I did two strokes on my cheek, put the razor down, went and got an Astra SP, changed blades and shaved a stroke. Then I knew. I never touched them again.

The rest of the 190+ blades went to my daughter, wife and 16 year old son. It didn't take long before my wife and daughter stopped using them. My son is still using them, but he's 100 miles away with his own apartment, a job and getting himself through college. I'm waiting for him to tell me he ditched the Rockwell blades. He's still using the Krona I gave him back then.

Bic in the yellow tuck. I found it impossible not to draw blood with them. Fortunately I only bought one tuck from Try a Blade

Top Bottom