What's new

Last blade of my original razors

After being gifted a DE rzor for Christmas, i bought a 8 pack sampler. So i had 45 blades, 5 each of

• Astra
  • Derby
  • Feather
  • Gillette Platinum
  • King C Gillette
  • Loi
  • Shark
  • Sharp
  • Voskhod
My general feelings was Astra, Derby, Sharp, Gillette, King C. Gillette and Loi were roughly the same. Shark slightly better, Voskhod much better and Feather the best by a long shot.

Since then I bought a 30-pack of Persona Platinum and a 50-pack of Voskhod.

Since then I've heard a lot about the Wilkinson Sword, Nacet, and Gem.

I've also noticed these brands in sample packs:

• Treet
  • Lord
  • Gillette 7 o'clock
  • Big Ben
  • Perma-Sharp
Which ones would you recommend I give a test drive and which ones ought I steer clear of? Also are there any I should try that I've not yet heard of?

And back when I started out someone recommended a a site where you could buy single blades but i didn't save the link and can't find it again, so if anyone has it, could you please repost it.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Trade up as much as you can with TGBE link posted above. Can’t go wrong with the Gillette 7OC IMO. Perasharp is good as well. Is the Treet the Black Beauty? I think that’s the carbon steel one…proceed with caution - but still would be better than any vintage carbon steel.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Gillette Silver Blue and Astra SS are my two favorite blades, but the Treet carbon steel was surprisingly good, and I've been SO BLESSED by the Gents on B&B that have sent me some "unobtainium" older DE blades as well, I HIGHLY recommend what @Toothpick said, and the "knewish" BLADE STORE MANAGER, Mr @dmshaver says: use the Great Blade Exchange! I doubt there is another thing like it in all of the internet.

My recommendations are: Gillette Nacet, Personna Med Prep, Gillette Perma Sharp, Wizamet, Gillette Rubie, and Bic Chrome Platinum.

Reactions: Anu
If you like Shark and Voskhod you should probably buy 50 of each. Post above has a good point there are 3 different shark blades, be careful.

Was the website you were looking for Razorbladesclub ?

After being gifted a DE rzor for Christmas, i bought a 8 pack sampler. So i had 45 blades, 5 each of

• Astra
  • Derby
  • Feather
  • Gillette Platinum
  • King C Gillette
  • Loi
  • Shark
  • Sharp
  • Voskhod
My general feelings was Astra, Derby, Sharp, Gillette, King C. Gillette and Loi were roughly the same. Shark slightly better, Voskhod much better and Feather the best by a long shot.

• Treet
  • Lord
  • Gillette 7 o'clock
  • Big Ben
  • Perma-Sharp
Which ones would you recommend I give a test drive and which ones ought I steer clear of? Also are there any I should try that I've not yet heard of?

And back when I started out someone recommended a a site where you could buy single blades but i didn't save the link and can't find it again, so if anyone has it, could you please repost it.
Which Astras? There’s the stainless (blue pack) and platinum (green pack)? Personally I think the stainless are better than the platinum

• Astra
  • Derby
  • Feather
  • Gillette Platinum
  • King C Gillette
  • Loi
  • Shark
  • Sharp
  • Voskhod

• Treet
  • Lord
  • Gillette 7 o'clock
  • Big Ben
  • Perma-Sharp

Hi! The Perma-Sharps are really nice as in a just right middle blade. The Treet black beauties give me 3 awesome safe close shaves and then get dull on a dime

• Astra
  • Derby
  • Feather
  • Gillette Platinum
  • King C Gillette
  • Loi
  • Shark
  • Sharp
  • Voskhod

• Treet
  • Lord
  • Gillette 7 o'clock
  • Big Ben
  • Perma-Sharp

Hi in my humble opinion after only 1 plus yrs of de experience- Perma-Sharp is a nice middle of the road go to blade. I also highly recommend treet black beauties. They give me two almost three awesome epic safe but sharp smooth shaves. And then they just die out and get dull on a dime in my humble opinion. Is everyone here says keep the carbon steel treat black beauties dry with some alcohol preferably. My go-to blade actually is the shark chromium. I always stayed away from them because the low price scared me. 69 cents for a five pack is common. But I said what the heck and gave them a try they are nice mild safe perfect for my sensitive skin. I have also got 200 of them for under $10. Those are my humble opinions I wish you lots of fun this is the greatest hobby in the world best regards Ron Eastman Lynn Massachusetts

You need to try Nacet Stainless. It has a great balance between sharpness, comfort and longevity. It's widely available and it's cheaper compared to lots of other blades, which are not as good.
Plus one in the opinion column for Nacet. In my humble opinion a lot of those Gillette Procter & Gamble blades are good middle of the roadblades not too sharp but they're sharp if that makes any sense. And also they are a pretty good value as all the Gillette Procter & Gamble blade seem to be. Enjoy this amazing hobby and have fun

Top Bottom