What's new

Las Vegas...AOS or Truefitt & Hill

So I am going to Vegas for a few days in a couple of weeks. My wife has recommended that I get a little pampering and go for a shave. I have heard good things about AOS & T&H. Which one should I choose? Has anyone been to both places and would recommend one over the other? Let me hear your thoughts.

Mmmmmmm..........the thoughts make me long for Vegas. Be sure to notice all of the scantily clad fems, most with an enlarged breast or two.

As for the shave, I can't say enough about the AOS experience. Elliot did a grand job, indeed, with the Royal Shave. That a/s mask was divine, I tell you! I know I purchased lots of goods, but that doesn't mean I'm sold completely on them yet. I think they're high quality and all, but something makes me think they're focused more on marketing; not that they pushed anything on me, but I guess compared to the English stuff, anything is marketed more, huh?

I really liked the sandalwood and my wife was urging me to spend some money since I was there; she's great, btw :lol:

Here I am with the hot towel

proxy.php

That's the only pic she took, as she was scared the flash might disturb my barber and he'd slash me neck or chin. Nice!

RWelch76 said:
Mmmmmmm..........the thoughts make me long for Vegas. Be sure to notice all of the scantily clad fems, most with an enlarged breast or two.

As for the shave, I can't say enough about the AOS experience. Elliot did a grand job, indeed, with the Royal Shave. That a/s mask was divine, I tell you! I know I purchased lots of goods, but that doesn't mean I'm sold completely on them yet. I think they're high quality and all, but something makes me think they're focused more on marketing; not that they pushed anything on me, but I guess compared to the English stuff, anything is marketed more, huh?

I really liked the sandalwood and my wife was urging me to spend some money since I was there; she's great, btw :lol:

Here I am with the hot towel

proxy.php

That's the only pic she took, as she was scared the flash might disturb my barber and he'd slash me neck or chin. Nice!

Something about that pic reminds me of a Metallica video...:lol:

Randy

Having been to both, I'd pick AOS over T&H. You'll get a fantastic shave at either place, but I liked AOS' "vibe" better.

--Mark

I'm heading out to Vegas the end of July. I went to T&H in Vegas last august for a shave. Really enjoyed it! Shave lasted about an hour. Be ready to spend some bucks. The shave was $65.00 but was well worth it! Am thinking about trying AOS this year. They have nice products but there are others I like much better! Unless T&H has moved, they are located in Ceasars Forum shops. AOS is in Mandalay Bay. Hope this helps!

Ok...back from my trip to Las Vegas.

Good food and drinks. Ate at Spago and Tao on Friday...Delmonicos on Saturday and a locals spot on Sunday, Casa D'Amore. A Rat Pack hangout from Decades ago.

If you are a fan of bourbon and like apples and cinnamon have I got the drink for you...Kentucky Sidecar...had it at Parasail Down (Sp?) downstairs at the Wynn. Apple Cinnamon infused Woodford Reserve...Apple Liquer...Fresh Sour shaken over ice and served up with a sugared rim. These things are good...

Now to my AOS experience. I forgot to write down the name that Red Bob (The Other Bob) had given me so let them choose my Barber. As luck would have it I had Elliot who came highly reccomended by Red Bob and others. I would definitely say that if in Vegas do yourself a favor and give him a visit. I had a Royal Shave and it was a very enjoyable experience. Irritation Free and smooth...I would give it an A-...there were just a couple spots with tiny stubble. It was in the area where I have the most problems so I can't fault him for that. I brought my younger brother so I was very curious how his experience would be...he is in law school and bartends so only shaves twice a week or so...Until a week ago he had a full beard. I am not sure the name of his barber but she did a very good job as well. He was so amazed that he was ready to buy the whole setup from them....brush...razor...pre shave oil...cream...After Shave Balm.

So I am in the process of putting together a whole package for him. (I figured I could put together a better package for a lot less money...) I will give him quite a few samples of creams for him to try before buying tubs for himself as well.

All in all a great experience...if in Vegas give Elliot a call at AOS...you won't be disappointed.

I've watched those shaves (Truefitt and AOS) on girly shows (Extra and ET Canada) ; the AOS have was in NY and the Truefitt in Toronto
In both cases, they seemed to use hot foam ; didn't look like traditional shave cream

rafikz said:
I've watched those shaves (Truefitt and AOS) on girly shows (Extra and ET Canada) ; the AOS have was in NY and the Truefitt in Toronto
In both cases, they seemed to use hot foam ; didn't look like traditional shave cream

Perhaps they used hot foam for tv purposes. But why would they do that for a non-tv shave? :001_rolle They make and sell traditional shaving cream.

That is correct...I believe they all use a Latherking with their own creams. AOS used their unscented cream. It is not a Barbasol Foamie dispensor. I believe that shops can't use brushes or real straights maybe due to health issues? Correct me if I am wrong anyone...They use disposable straights which use DE blades broken in half or injector blades...depending on what the barber prefers.

That can be an expensive trip....
I spent a ton of money at T&H after my shave, the time I went, as well as spending a little more at Penhaligons....
Penhaligons was very generous with their samples...I bought a sampler for the gf and a bottle of Endymion for myself; I also had a huge handful of samples of some of their other scents (English Fern, Duoro, maybe one other?)
The experience, however was wonderful. PSO, hot towel (with some sort of herbal oil in it, I think...smelled nice) and yes, they used a latherking, in this case filled with T&H Rose scented cream, and a shavette. 3 passes, with hot towel in between each. The against the grain pass was optional, but I took it also.
I guess there is some rule that barbers cannot use a brush on their customers in the US because of infections being transferred by the brush...although if you brought in your own I believe they would use it for you. Similar with the straights, perhaps they would use yours, but fear of HIV and everything else has resulted in either 1.) inane laws preventing use of real straights (after all, barbers DO sterilize their equipment, or should) or 2.) policy preventing their use due to fear of litigation by people claiming to have gotten HIV or whatever
Oh,
and don't sneeze when the barber is getting your upper lip. You will bleed. Ask me how I know.
sorry for the ramble..
John P.

Funny you mention that sneeze John. I have the same problem when I get my haircut, I always sneeze at least once. It's a tradition at this point.

Yeah....definitely not a good time to sneeze, but other than that cut, everything was quite enjoyable. SWMBO even convinced me to buy a tub of T&H rose......:001_tongu
John P.

JohnP said:
Yeah....definitely not a good time to sneeze, but other than that cut, everything was quite enjoyable. SWMBO even convinced me to buy a tub of T&H rose......:001_tongu
John P.

I bet she really had to twist your arm into that purchase, after all no one on this forum would EVER want to buy more shave creams!

Top Bottom