What's new

Large pores

This is probably a rather dumb question. But, I'm a man, so I'm allowed to be clueless about skincare.

I've noticed that the pores on my face appear rather large. Not the shaved area, but my nose, immediately on either side, and up to my forehead. (This is the legendary T-zone, right?). Is there something that can/should be done about this? I feel I would look rather better groomed without this, and it seems to have gotten worse with the NYC summer, as I do not recall noticing it before.

moses said:
This is probably a rather dumb question. But, I'm a man, so I'm allowed to be clueless about skincare.

I've noticed that the pores on my face appear rather large. Not the shaved area, but my nose, immediately on either side, and up to my forehead. (This is the legendary T-zone, right?). Is there something that can/should be done about this? I feel I would look rather better groomed without this, and it seems to have gotten worse with the NYC summer, as I do not recall noticing it before.

maybe rub an ice cube over it before applying moisturizer

Moses (Clueless about skincare) - Please visit us over at the Skincare Clinic to learn more and please...hold the ice- the skin hates extremes! Hope this helps -

What in the world are these pores?
A question that certainly begs a diagram http://www.enchantedlearning.com/subjects/anatomy/skin/ - scroll down a bit on that page. Skin pores are actually openings in the top of the skin that hook onto just two structures inside the skin, sweat glands and sebaceous (oil) glands. THEY NEVER GO ALL THE WAY THROUGH THE SKIN, as some people believe. They are merely little pipes that let things out of the skin, not into the skin. (Though some materials applied to the skin may travel along the sides of these pipes down to the glands, air is not one of these materials.) We are also born with a pore size which is determined by genetics. If the pores become enlarged, they cannot be reduced to a size w/c is any smaller than the diameter of the genetic pore. If the pores become enlarged, they cannot be reduced to a size w/c is any smaller than the diameter of the genetic pore. This is not a typo and it would certainly behoove those who are "pore obsessed" to reread this statement and repeat before bedtime :) Now Randy, back at the drive-in...certain pores are the openings for hair follicles, each of which has a muscle attached to it, an erector pilli muscle. It is the contraction of this muscle that gives us goosebumps! In relation to shaving, massaging in the cream or shaving soap plumps up the erector pilli muscle, which serves to push the facial hairs up for the cut.

Top Bottom