What's new

Lapping Plates

I've heard that those get untrue rather quickly and easily... I guess that isn't true?

Mine does not seem to have done so. I mark the stone, lap it then repeat. The second time around the pencil marks are removed evenly. Razors get sharp & shave well. So it seems entirely satisfactory to me.

I have the DMT lapping plate and find it very easy and quick to use. Once the stone is flat I progress from there to W/D sandpaper.

Not seeing any video? I'm on my ipad so that might be why, but I tried looking in google chrome to see if Safari was the problem. Still a no go. Wrong link?

Darn it. I'll have to wait until I get home from visiting the wife's family in NC to watch it on my laptop.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
It might be a Flash video, and the iPad doesn't support Flash as far as I know.

If it is jailbroken and VLC will run properly on your iOS version you can watch just about anything on your idevice. Even if it is 100% stock apple, you might find a player on the app store. FWIW a jailbroken iphone running 5.1 will run VLC nicely.

Scott that coti is working out very well btw, it's great.

I just converted yen to USD and you're right, it's not even that much cheaper.

Thats great Marc! I am glad the coticule is working well for you. It is really a fine stone.

If I wanted to save money I might order one plate of say 400 or 600 and a replacement 1200 to stick to the backside and then you have a dual grit plate but that is just just something I have been thinking about if I was to order new ones. I personally love the Atoma plates over all else.

If it is jailbroken and VLC will run properly on your iOS version you can watch just about anything on your idevice. Even if it is 100% stock apple, you might find a player on the app store. FWIW a jailbroken iphone running 5.1 will run VLC nicely.

VLC works on 100% stock apple too, from the app store. aleast on ipad mini, iOS 6.1.3

Atoma plates might be on my buy list soon. For now wet dry paper will have to do. I want to try the sic powder though.

I have atomas and dmts.I prefer the atomas any day. BUT for heavy lapping of a hard stone iwould use wet dry and save wear and tear on my plates.

Top Bottom