What's new

Lanolin SC's - Who are they?

I just tried the Musgo Real and it is the first lanolin SC that I have used. I really liked it and my shave was good and my skin very smooth. So now I would like to ask the community to identify other SC's that have lanolin in them.

Thanks, I am looking forward to trying more SC's like Musgo Real.

I recall reading on another thread not so long ago that lanolin in cream is a problem for brushes, which I was surprised to hear (I think it was in the context of ADP cream in the tube). Is this not the case OR is there something else different about the ADP cream in the tube that makes it not brush-friendly OR is the ADP cream in the tube in fact just fine for brushes...

BTW, my first sample of ADP cream (from tub, not tube) is on the way from Handy -- can't wait to try it out (although I was under the impression the tub didn't have lanolin, only the tube -- could very well be wrong)!

I recall reading on another thread not so long ago that lanolin in cream is a problem for brushes, which I was surprised to hear (I think it was in the context of ADP cream in the tube). Is this not the case OR is there something else different about the ADP cream in the tube that makes it not brush-friendly OR is the ADP cream in the tube in fact just fine for brushes...

BTW, my first sample of ADP cream (from tub, not tube) is on the way from Handy -- can't wait to try it out (although I was under the impression the tub didn't have lanolin, only the tube -- could very well be wrong)!

Is that true than Lanolin is hard on brushes?? I have a soap (no cream), that contains Lanolin. If there is proof it is damaging to brushes, I will discontunue it.
Sue

The tub of ADP shaving cream does not have lanolin in it. Have no idea about the ADP tube.
The lanolin in the SMN is the fourth to last indgredient listed. I can see straight lanolin oil being a problem to a shaving brush just for the fact it might gum it up. As to being in a cream with a bunch of other indgredients, I think it's fine.

Is that true than Lanolin is hard on brushes?? I have a soap (no cream), that contains Lanolin. If there is proof it is damaging to brushes, I will discontunue it.
Sue

I don't think it is necessarily bad. Lanolin with certain types of water hardness could allow for the brushes to retain some residual properties of the product. If lanolin were bad for brushes, Mitchell's Wool Fat soap would be in big trouble and would not have stood the test of time.

The Ingrams shave cream, the blue label lather-type has lanolin. It's an excellent product.

Sue, I don't think lanolin in a shave soap would be a problem.

-- John Gehman

Sue

I used to shave lot with Proraso Red, and no problem with my brush

Top Bottom