What's new

Lane 1-Q

Well, it's the most popular aromatic in the world. I started with it but my taste has changed to english and Balkan blends

I also started with it and was my go to for sometime. Moved on to Virginas and English blends. Once in while I'll try a bowl of 1Q or RLP 6.

It's better than any OTC vanilla aro I've tried so far, but it's not as good as some other bulk and tinned blends out there. Inexpensive, middle of the road, easy smoke without having to think much about it.

I'm not a fan of aros, but 1Q is very pleasant. It's not typically my preference, but I do keep an ounce around.

Smells great, but as with all aros it does not taste like it smells. If I remember correctly I had had it sitting in a glass humidor in my basement for at least 25 years. I had gotten it as bulk at a smoke shop. I did not touch the pipe for all that time and when I got on board here decided to take it up again. While looking for my old pipe, which I still haven't found, I came across the glass humidor knocked over with the lid off and the tobacco spread out. It still had the nice aroma from way back when. I didn't smoke it. My thoughts were that whatever it was in there that could retain a pleasant aroma that long had to be artificial. Now, almost all I smoke is English, VAPers and Balkans. I still wish there was an Aro that tasted as sweet as it smelled for a change of pace.

Has anyone tried making their own vanilla blend at home with a burley and some vanilla extract? I wonder if that would be any good? I may try that with some OTC and vanilla myself now and find out.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
This was the first time I tried it and it was...TERRIBLE!

SWMBO and I both could smell the vanilla out of the package, and after I lit it up she said the room note was like the package. I could also taste the vanilla (I guess that's what they call it) and the mouth feel was kinda...gloopy I guess I would say. After I dumped it out I had to eat dinner, brush teeth, and smoke a bowl of Royal Yacht accompanied by a cold beverage to kill the aftertaste. I was going to throw it on the trash pile out back to burn but I didn't want to pollute the atmosphere.

I have a kitty that likes to sit with me while I burn a bowl and then chew my fingers afterwards (I keep tellin' him he needs to quit chewin' 'baccy :001_smile). Here's a pic. of his reaction to the 1q...I guess collapsing on the floor and sticking out his tongue means he didn't like it either. It looks like he has his paw up in surrender..."Get that stuff away from me and please don't smoke that again Dad." :lol:

Last edited:
This was the first time I tried it and it was...TERRIBLE!

SWMBO and I both could smell the vanilla out of the package, and after I lit it up she said the room note was like the package. I could also taste the vanilla (I guess that's what they call it) and the mouth feel was kinda...gloopy I guess I would say. After I dumped it out I had to eat dinner, brush teeth, and smoke a bowl of Royal Yacht accompanied by a cold beverage to kill the aftertaste. I was going to throw it on the trash pile out back to burn but I didn't want to pollute the atmosphere.

I have a kitty that likes to sit with me while I burn a bowl and then chew my fingers afterwards (I keep tellin' him he needs to quit chewin' 'baccy :001_smile). Here's a pic. of his reaction to the 1q...I guess collapsing on the floor and sticking out his tongue means he didn't like it either. It looks like he has his paw up in surrender..."Get that stuff away from me and please don't smoke that again Dad." :lol:

This doesn't surprise me because you seem to enjoy the bolder tobaccos. Going from Irish Flake to 1-Q is like Using a 2011 R41 every day and then trying the Feather Popular. Oh, wait, the BL is teeming with Baccy Grizzly Bears...

I ordered a few ounces of 1Q a few months ago with high expectations based on other people reviews. I was very underwhelmed with the result! I'm too cheap to throw it away, but I doubt I'll place it on the next order.

Top Bottom