What's new

Lane 1-Q and RLP-6

Ladies (???) and Gents, after a long time of seeing 1-Q as a top seller, I finally broke down and got an oz of it to try. I also picked up an oz of RLP-6. I snubbed my nose at this tobacco for a long time because its a cheap aromatic.

I had 2 bowls of 1Q, 1 bowl of RLP6, and a bowl of 50/50 mix of 1q/RLP6 today.

I will be likely be buying a couple pounds of each, as the 50/50 mix was probably my favorite. This stuff is dirt cheap, too. I'll probably take advantage of the cup-o-joes sale and get it for about $1.46/oz. Just to get free shipping I'll have to buy 68 oz!! :crazy:

Super easy to pack and light. Super easy to smoke. The 1Q has the distinction of being the very first tobacco I was able to smoke entirely without any dottle. After smoking 4 bowlfulls back to back, I finally was feeling some tongue bite...and I was going at it hard. Thumbs up on lack of bite.

My only complaint, really, is that compared to much more expensive and natural tobacco, I can tell this stuff is cased. In the final 3rd of the bowl, the 1Q went a little bitter on me as the topping burned off.

Why have this on hand? Its a working tobacco. In a similar vein as Carter Hall, it won't knock your socks off, but I mowed the lawn while smoking it...and I wasn't sure I could do that with a pipe.

Just wanted to share my experience. If anyone else out there is pooh-poohing this stuff just because (as I was) you owe it to yourself to at least give it a try.

Ahh, heck, lets make a PIF out of this. See the Stock Exchange if you're interested.

I've been really curious about 1Q. Nice job describing it. Now I have to try it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love how light it is. And yes toward the end it starts to get a little bitter but it's so inexpensive that you can stop there and pack another one. overall it's a nice mellow smoking experience. The tin 1Q is still better than the bulk I've noticed.

Smoking some as we speak with my companion Diesel the bully.
IMG_4784.JPG

Last edited:
Diesel looks like he wants that for a chew toy.

1-Q is like a bunch of aromatics to me, I'm a silent lover of them :) I keep a couple dozen picked blends on hand. I naturally gravitate to an aromatic in Spring and Summer weather, straight Virginias in the evening and fall and orientals/latakias in the cooler days and winter. Nothing seems to get me more than a late October day, a small campfire and smoke wafting past me, and a bowl of Old Ironsides or Lancer Slices.

Diesel looks like he wants that for a chew toy.

1-Q is like a bunch of aromatics to me, I'm a silent lover of them :) I keep a couple dozen picked blends on hand. I naturally gravitate to an aromatic in Spring and Summer weather, straight Virginias in the evening and fall and orientals/latakias in the cooler days and winter. Nothing seems to get me more than a late October day, a small campfire and smoke wafting past me, and a bowl of Old Ironsides or Lancer Slices.
He certainly did! What a wonderful timeline you set out for your baccys.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
I haven't tried RLP-6, but I enjoy 1-Q at certain times. Usually, when I'm around a group of people who don't smoke, or when I have a sweet tooth.

I just recently finished an oz of 1q. Its not bad but I probably won't buy anymore. I like carter hall much more. I have an oz of rlp6 to work on now too as well as 2 oz of bca. It seems like I go through different moods. Sometimes I get in an aro mood and sometimes other blends haha

I pulled the 1q out last month after Erik mentioned it. I bought it about a year ago and didn't take to it. After talking with Erik and trying it again I didn't find it too bad. So I bought some BCA last month to give that a whirl. I haven't gotten around to that yet. I don't mind aros (I actually have a huge sweet tooth)but I miss other components to the tobacco. It just seems to me everyone I try has just too much casing, or sweetness.

Top Bottom