What's new

Lands End

Does any one have experience with there clothes? I placed a order today with them because the were cheaper than most and there gear seemed durable.

i love thier stuff...

I have shirts mainly, some pants, couple of jackets/coats....

I sometimes have to iron a shirt, but mostly they mostly look good for work.

Same thing with the pants...khakis

I have a squall jacket with the hood and for moderate winter weather....

They have great customer service too...but if you have a small Sears store nearby (cape Girardeau)...always check thier bargain rack, because I have picked up many great deals on brand new stuff....this spring I got a green polo shirt and the khakis for 15 bucks...

I noticed that the st louis sears stores dont have that "bargain rack"...

but to answer your question...I shop for other shirts sometimes and only Brooks Brothers will exceed them in my opinion...a van huesen or a stafford, john henry is not quite as good as the LE....

Watch ebay for them too....

well snaker chaser, what is the special occasion for you to be so civil ????

:001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2:

mark tssb

Lands End has some very fine buys. I remember buying barn coats for my daughters from LE by catalog. They must have been really nice as both were stolen in the same school semester. :frown:
You may wish to check Eddie Bauer also as they too have some very good items! Check their on-line presence . They also have an on-line outlet.

EB....that is another good place for coats IMO...I walked into the stlouis store when it was still open in late january one year about 7 years ago and they had thier anartica marshmellow looking goosed fill coat for $25 bucks.....it has to be around zero to wear or I will sweat to death in it...

nut get this...my wife purchased a coat real cheap and when she went to return it in 4 months because of the seams ripping, they paid her back the full price of the coat...we argued that this wasnt right, but the manager insisited and instead of 50 bucks we got over 200 back....

and now the stlouis and cape girardeau stores are closed....wonder why ???

but great stuff there, too. I bit more rugged looking than the LE...now lets go to LLBean...

mark tssb

LOL..we all think alike. EB was my first choice but since these are WORK clothes I decided not to go with them, I can see it know "damn Sean that sure is a nice coat ya got there" "thanks it only cost me $160" "You know what I really like about that thing Sean" "whats that cletus" "that big grease stain on the back" LLB has some nice wool lined jeans but the the hell with that, I bought the EXtreme Squall parka and extreme squal pants along with the extreme squall shoes....ill be waterproof. and good to -15

ive got B#ll@ of steel so im good to go there:001_tt2: The rest of my gear im going to go get at REI this weekend.

mark the shoeshine boy said:
well snaker chaser, what is the special occasion for you to be so civil ????

:001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2:

mark tssb

Im always civil you BEER BELLIED REDNECK, im not quite sure what your reffering to:w00t:

mark the shoeshine boy said:
i dont believe some mean cross-eyed rattlesnake cares if you wear nice clothes or not....never knew you would dress up for anything.....

:001_tt2:

mark tssb

hmmmmmm.....on occasion, :biggrin:

I dont see how people in really cold climates afford all these clothes......here in Houston you can preety much wear the same thing all year except for maybe a jacket or sweater. Up north you need an entirely diff. wardrobe.

I have been getting clothes, mostly shirts, from Landsend for many years. I love their products and they wear well. I had 2 instances with wear problems: one was a shoulder bag/attache' that wore a hole, the other was a shirt where the collar started to fray. In both cases Landsend replaced the items with brand new ones. In each case it was more than a year since the purchase(the bag was several years old) and when I called them about fixing the items they said just send them back to us. Their products are guaranteed for life and they stand behind their guarantee.

I LOVE RUGGED CLOTHING.

my girlfriend would prefer i appear more classy, but when the weather gets inclimate you sure as heck aren't going to put on a pea coat and wingtips.

i have a shell and fleece liner from The North Face, and have gone for walks in ice storms to return home and brush off the ice that accumulated. on colder days i used to wear a neoprene gorilla-mask type thing, but it would frost over around the mouth and nose and make me uncomfortable. as far as i could remember the coldest i've been out in was a day of watching ice climbers while the wind chill reached -60F.

my boots that are normally used for hiking make good winter beaters, but generally lack the insulation of pack boots. however, they are made of cordura and kevlar, and look about as good as the day i got them five years ago.

Im skeptical about the lands end boots because I cant imagine buying a waterproof fleece lined boot for $49.99 and it lasting. I figure if it doesnt no big deal im not out much but since there gauranteed for life if any of it fails ill just return. I wanted NF but im not paying big bucks for something im going to sea in.

nteeman said:
In each case it was more than a year since the purchase(the bag was several years old) and when I called them about fixing the items they said just send them back to us. Their products are guaranteed for life and they stand behind their guarantee.

That's very good to hear.

roughrider said:
That's very good to hear.

FWIW, I was turned onto Landsend by my brother's business partner. He is the sort that takes a manufacturer's guarantee very seriously. To the point of ridiculousness. He has a pair of Landsend slippers and a bathrobe that he must have purchased 20 years ago. When either the slippers or robe show signs of wear he sends them back and gets new replacements. I'm not that bad but it is good to see that they stand by their products. :smile:

I went to REI tonite to pick up some thermals and my new fav......fleece lined waterproof gloves:001_tt1: (Now my hands will stay dry) along with some other doodads and after comparing prices REI is not that much more in some case and is even the same price on some things. I even joined there group deal and every Feb. you get 10% of your purchases from the previous year in a check mailed to your door. This will be awsome for the mountain bike I would like to get......$900:eek: Since when did bikes become so damn much.

Top Bottom