What's new

LAMY Imporium?

Did anyone see the news (on FPN) of the upcoming LAMY Imporium? I just read the thread today (but I don't know if we are allowed to link to FPN threads).

The new model is announced here:

http://www.schulsonderliste.de/cgi-...l&rid=8178&ebene=5&artikel=441670&bef=detail#

I searched on the LAMY Germany site, but could not find any reference to the Imporium. To me, it looks like a LAMY Persona 2.0 with a butt ugly nib. I have the original LAMY Persona (which was not a hot seller at all, given the discounts LAMY gave in the end), and especially the nib is a lot more elegant.

What are your thoughts on the new Imporium, or on the (discontinued) Persona? Do you like the new model better, or do you prefer the looks of the original?

proxy.php

proxy.php

Definitely looks like a Persona Redux....Except for the nib. The nib looks like the 14k one that comes on the upscale Studio, and/or the Dialog 3. I've had 2 such 14k nibs (a broad on a dialog 3 and a OB on a Studio) and they both are nice springy nibs. However, for the price this pen costs, I would have to pass. You can probably get the same writing experience out of a Studio w/ 14k nib for less than half of the price of this pen.

Definitely looks like a Persona Redux....Except for the nib. The nib looks like the 14k one that comes on the upscale Studio, and/or the Dialog 3. I've had 2 such 14k nibs (a broad on a dialog 3 and a OB on a Studio) and they both are nice springy nibs. However, for the price this pen costs, I would have to pass. You can probably get the same writing experience out of a Studio w/ 14k nib for less than half of the price of this pen.

I have only used the steel Studio nibs. My description of the original Persona nibs (also used on the Lady, another iconic pen) usually is "an ultra smooth nail".

All that being said, I would really like to own one of the original Personas. They are a nice looking pen, and the unique nib design appeals to me. I wish I would have known of them before the prices skyrocketed.

All that being said, I would really like to own one of the original Personas. They are a nice looking pen, and the unique nib design appeals to me. I wish I would have known of them before the prices skyrocketed.

I wish I had bought a metal finish Persona too, when they were still readily available. But I am happy that I at least have an anodized black one. It is a marvelous writer.

Last edited:
Just my opinion - This new pen strikes me as somewhat homely! There seem to be too many things going on with it such as an unlined cap, vertical lines/ribbing on the barrel, and circular ribbing near the nib...and a generic looking clip...I won't be a customer on this one, but congrats to those who treat themselves to it!!

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Wow, I could think of better ways to spend €350,00 than a cartridge Lamy.

Wow, I could think of better ways to spend €350,00 than a cartridge Lamy.
The original Persona cost a lot less at the time (and I bought mine discounted for €100!), so this 2.0 is very inflated too.

What I wonder is; Lamy probably discontinued the Persona for a lack of sales. Why try it with an almost identical, and more expensive, version again?

BTW, the original Persona was worth every penny for me; it is a great pen.

Top Bottom