What's new

Lambda Lovers

It seems like the Lambda Ares (V1 & V2) and the Athena are quickly gaining in popularity. It seems like we should have a Lambda group here in the B&B Clubs and Brotherhoods section.

Anyone interested? By all means please join in!

Edit - I meant to add, any better ideas for the group name?

Here's my Athena -

Lambda.jpg

Lambda lovers seems like a good name to me.

The more I use these razors the better they get and the more I am coming to think they are my best. If I’m going to associate myself with any group here, it seems like this is the one. The quality, the finish, the presentation, the feel, the art, the innovation and unique design, and the amazing shaves - it’s all special. There is really nothing else like Lambda razors and I really believe we are seeing the next Wolfman emerging, and we are there at the start. How can a razor with zero blade exposure and 0.3mm blade gap perform like this?

Count me in.

08CDB3BC-1BA0-4058-B9EB-056DB07A2487.jpeg

I'm curious, are the Ares numbered in the same manner as the Athena?
Yes, they are. Mine is marked 22-044-v2. So 2022 year of manufacture, #44, v2 model.

I am guessing this first batch of Ares v2 was probably just 50 razors, same as the previous production of v1. Just judging by the fact that they were all accounted for by waitlisted customers. I feel I was very fortunate to get one, thanks to somebody backing out of their purchase, though of course more will likely be made and there is no limitation.

I wonder if the numerical serial numbering will reset each year. In other words, will 2023 numbers start with 23-001 or will they continue where 2022 finished?

Does anyone have a 2021 production Lambda? With numbering 21-XXX?

I wonder if the numerical serial numbering will reset each year. In other words, will 2023 numbers start with 23-001 or will they continue where 2022 finished?

Does anyone have a 2021 production Lambda? With numbering 21-XXX?
The Athena was first released in February, 2022 and these were a production of 50 pieces and numbered 21-XXX (so I assume were machined late in 2021). They all sold within 48 hours.

The second batch of Athenas was released in May, 2022. Mine is marked 22-074. I haven’t found any pics of one numbered lower than 22-051 so I guess the numbers continued on from the original 50, even though the year changed, but I can’t be certain. I know this second batch was more than 50 razors.

The only earlier Lambdas were the Ares (v1) and those were not numbered, only printed with the production year (2020). 50 were made, I believe. There are also some prototypes in existence, marked 2019.

That’s as much as I can determine.

The more I use these razors the better they get and the more I am coming to think they are my best. If I’m going to associate myself with any group here, it seems like this is the one. The quality, the finish, the presentation, the feel, the art, the innovation and unique design, and the amazing shaves - it’s all special. There is really nothing else like Lambda razors and I really believe we are seeing the next Wolfman emerging, and we are there at the start. How can a razor with zero blade exposure and 0.3mm blade gap perform like this?

Count me in.

View attachment 1564885
Couldn’t have said it any better, those are my sentiments exactly. I’m very happy I got an Athena in the most recent batch.

Here is mine.

6B8B101C-8E12-41C7-AABF-BCFA765F2603.jpeg

I'm curious what other razors compare in efficiency?
Considering how easy my shaves are and the longevity, I’d say the Athena is about as efficient as any good medium-high efficient razor - so it should be efficient enough to satisfy nearly everyone. The thing that stands out is that you get this efficiency with zero blade exposure and a very mild feel. It is very gentle to your skin and other razors with similar efficiency would be a lot more aggressive.

It’s hard to say what other razors the Athena is like because the head geometry is completely unique and different. So it doesn’t shave quite like other razors. You don’t get any blade feel but you do get a lot of feedback still and you don’t necessarily realise that the razor is as mild as it is until you feel your face after the shave.

With the Lambda razors the efficiency doesn’t come from a high blade gap or positive blade exposure - it seems to come from the combination of the slotted safety bar design (or open comb on the Ares), together with the high blade curvature and the extremely close blade clamping. It’s just a very different type of head design, but it works brilliantly. It gives you very good efficiency without the downside of the aggressiveness that you tend to get from high blade exposure and blade gap.

What do I do to get one?
If you want one the best way currently is to email Theo ([email protected]) and ask to be added to his waitlist. Then he will reserve one of the next batch for you and email you to confirm your order once he has them ready.

He does now have a website but so far the demand for the razors has meant that very few were available for general sale and they went very fast. Hopefully this will change once demand settles down. He is producing batches every couple of months and it sounds like he should have the upcoming batch ready roughly a month from now.

If you want one the best way currently is to email Theo ([email protected]) and ask to be added to his waitlist. Then he will reserve one of the next batch for you and email you to confirm your order once he has them ready.

He does now have a website but so far the demand for the razors has meant that very few were available for general sale and they went very fast. Hopefully this will change once demand settles down. He is producing batches every couple of months and it sounds like he should have the upcoming batch ready roughly a month from now.
Will email him , Thanks

Top Bottom