What's new

Lambda Lovers

I think this is a big part of what is drawing me to the Ares. I don't have anything in brass, bronze, or copper and the Ares just looks so good (not to mention the high praise it receives in terms of performance). I wish the Athena handle was available for the Ares.

I feel the same way about my Timeless. The oc (both .68 and .95) perform much better for me than the sb or scalloped without any extra harshness. I actually find the oc smoothest of the three options. For the Lambda to be smoother is really impressive.

I really appreciate @Guido75 and @Mr. Shavington taking the time to share your thoughts and I'm in agreement. The Ares is very much a want rather than a need, particularly considering that I already have something that works so well. I'll put it out of my mind for a few days and see if the desire to own one comes back. Thanks for the advice and the rare instance of B&Bers talking a member out of a purchase 😆
The Timeless open comb is a wonderful design. Why doesn’t everyone do it that way?

The Lambda Ares comb is also a smooth curve, so you don’t feel the teeth ends either. You only feel a little bit the sides of the teeth, same as the Timeless. Actually the Lambda Athena is a lot like an open comb too, with the bottom of the comb closed off, but the comb is more like slim spines and they are smoothly rounded so you don’t feel anything.

Glad you’ve experienced the Timeless OC. It’s definitely the better base plate for that razor.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Thanks for the comparison to the Timeless crown handle. I have the spiral handle, which is smaller than the crown, and I think it's plenty big enough.

I'm torn on the Ares. I hear so many good things about the Lambda razors but I'm also very happy with my Timeless .68 oc and I'm not sure how much better the Ares could be. It's kind of like already having something that is in the 99nth percentile for you, yet chasing that last 1 percent. How much is that really worth?

I guess it's all a personal decision in the end. I'm going to do more research and if I end up with one I'll definitely post my thoughts here. 🍻
I can’t add much to what @Mr. Shavington and @Guido75 have posted. I don’t have an Ares but I do have the Athena and the Timeless Ti 0.68OC. I wouldn’t part with either of them. For me, they are both smooth, relaxing and comfortable yet close. I get 12 hour shaves from each of them. I love razors that take me to that Zen shaving zone and they both transport me there. Lovely razors.

Looking forward to joining the club. Literally just deliverd.

Attachments

• 20240212_140258.jpg
    20240212_140258.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 22
Lambda Update:
The Razor Company is sold out on the Ares but still has a few Athenas left.
Lambda is sold out of the Athena and has only 4 Ares left.

Last edited by a moderator:
Date06.03.2024
366 daily shaves
066/366

RazorBladeBrush
Lambda AthenaGillette Silver Blue (6)FNX Barber
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Mike’s Natural Soaps Barbershop (47)
Cold splash
Proraso Green
Balm

PassesWTG XTG ATG and touch up
Consistency
(details here)
Quality / My process
9.75/10 (Significantly Consistent)10/10
(Clean)
EffectivenessComfort / Blade condition
9/10
(BBS)
10/10 (GlideFest)

Notes:

Summary. Wonderful Wednesday shave with the Lambda and GSB on duty.

For extended shave notes click here.

Enjoy your shave!

Date15.03.2024
366 daily shaves
075/366

RazorBladeBrush
Lambda AthenaRacer (5)Yaqi Lucky Dice
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Mike’s Natural Soaps Barbershop (56)
Cold splash
Proraso Green
Balm

Process Quality
(details here)
Blade Sharpness
9/10 (One weeper)4/10 (Sharp Edge)
EffectivenessShave Comfort
7/10
(DFS)
7/10 (comfortable)

Notes:

Summary. Hadn’t used this gear in a while and both were utterly amazing today.

Enjoy your shave!

Date23.03.2024
366 daily shaves
083/366

RazorBladeBrush
Lambda AthenaASCO (5)Simpson T3
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Mike’s Natural Soaps Barbershop (64)
Cold splash
Proraso Green
Balm

Process Quality
(details here)
Blade Sharpness
10/10 (Clean)4/10 (Sharp Edge)
9/10
(BBS)
9/10 (Butterysmooth)

Notes:

Summary. Final run with the ASCO blade. It had the potential for more, but another blade is waiting in line. The razor ensured a superb parting gift.

Enjoy your shave!

Date30.03.2024
366 daily shaves
090/366

RazorBladeBrush
Lambda AthenaShark Chrome (6)Zenith 502B XSE
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Mike’s Natural Soaps Barbershop (71)
Cold splash
Proraso Green
Balm

Process Quality
(details here)
Blade Sharpness
10/10 (Clean)5/10 (Razor Sharp)
9.25/10
(BBS+)
9/10 (Butterysmooth)

Notes:

Summary. The final shaves of March and what a shave today. Glorious performance by all parties.

Enjoy your shave!

Top Bottom