What's new

Lambda Athena

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
The plan is/was to use my Athena on my next shave on Sunday.... but UPS just updated the arrival of my Wolfman to Monday instead of Tuesday..... We'll see if it clears customs over the weekend..... and if it doesn't get pushed back to Tuesday as originally scheduled. Either way, I think I'll be having an excellent shave. ;)

The plan is/was to use my Athena on my next shave on Sunday.... but UPS just updated the arrival of my Wolfman to Monday instead of Tuesday..... We'll see if it clears customs over the weekend..... and if it doesn't get pushed back to Tuesday as originally scheduled. Either way, I think I'll be having an excellent shave. ;)
I think I’m nearly as excited as you are.

I'm on the lists for both.

After a little wrangling, I was able to secure matching serial numbers - which happen to be my birthday.

10/1 turns into 23-101. He said the 101 Athena would be in this coming batch but he wasn't sure about the 101 Ares, that serial might be in the following batch. That's a little goofy, I know, but I figured why not, he might be cool with it.

And surprisingly he was! Not only was cool about it he was actually sort of into it. :)

This thread was what pushed me over - thanks guys! :)

I, too, received the mail.

I contacted Theo and confirmed that I would wait patiently until my pre-reserved serial number showed up in the batch after next. Theo responded immediately and to my pure surprise announced that he had prepared an additional base plate in this batch.... So there will be serial numbers 1-150 in the next batch - and "my" 223 😎

How cool is this guy?

(Theo: in case you are silently following this thread: 👍👍)

I contacted Theo and confirmed that I would wait patiently until my pre-reserved serial number showed up in the batch after next. Theo responded immediately and to my pure surprise announced that he had prepared an additional base plate in this batch.... So there will be serial numbers 1-150 in the next batch - and "my" 223 😎

How cool is this guy?

Wow, that's a very cool custom order. Theo, you are great! And congrats @JAHE! I was pretty excited when I received the email this morning as well.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune

How cool is this guy?

That is so awesome.

I just paid for my 23-019 Athena a few minutes ago. I asked Theo if I could pay now because we'll be in Bali when this next batch is ready for shipment. I can use PayPal while residing in a foreign country but it isn't as easy and there are often extra charges added. He sent me an invoice.... It was that easy. He's a great guy... and makes amazing razors... well, I love my Athena, but I don't have an Ares. From everything I've read, the Ares owners are just as happy as the Athena owners. ;)

Wow, that's a very cool custom order. Theo, you are great! And congrats @JAHE! I was pretty excited when I received the email this morning as well.
Thanks 😀
I really was surprised that Theo decided to go down that road...👍 Congrats to you and everyone here who got the mail today.
That is so awesome.

I just paid for my 23-019 Athena a few minutes ago. I asked Theo if I could pay now because we'll be in Bali when this next batch is ready for shipment. I can use PayPal while residing in a foreign country but it isn't as easy and there are often extra charges added. He sent me an invoice.... It was that easy. He's a great guy... and makes amazing razors...
That's indeed a top notch customer service, Kim!

well, I love my Athena, but I don't have an Ares. From everything I've read, the Ares owners are just as happy as the Athena owners. ;)

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the Athena won’t be too mild for my taste. I have my "efficiency razor base" pretty well covered, so - against my inner voice - I decided to give preference to the Athena instead of the Ares. 😝
We shall see...

Last edited:
Ares and Athena are awesome. Can’t decide which I like better, they’re pretty much equal for now. Here how I use them : everyday or every other day = Athena; Ares gets the nod for every other day or 2-4 days growth. I do like the handle better on the Ares. That Greek column look is right up my alley. It actually looks better on the Athena ;)

40B1B8E7-D101-4293-AB83-C0E18D8AC823.jpeg
69A373CC-EFBD-4E5B-A07A-99958D15712C.jpeg
7A211E4D-A1B3-4CCA-90BA-2C60AE842F48.jpeg

Top Bottom