What's new

Lambda Athena

no.

Still no tracking updates that indicate it has made it to the USA from Greece.

Theo actually emailed me to apologize for the delay, and says he spoke to Greece post and they claim it arrived at JFK Customs on the 17th. But USPS tracking does not corroborate this. Hopefully its not “lost”.
Wow. That’s annoying. I’m sure you’ll get it soon, but it’s Thanksgiving later this week, right? So I suppose that could slow them down again. I hope not. Puts a different texture on your earlier post about pining for an Athena.

no.

Theo actually emailed me to apologize for the delay, and says he spoke to Greece post and they claim it arrived at JFK Customs on the 17th. But USPS tracking does not corroborate this. Hopefully its not “lost”.

My Athena has been sitting in customs in New York since the 17th as well. I have no idea what is going on. It started its journey on the 2nd and has had several points where it seemingly wasn't moving.

@corlay do you have a Hellenic Post tracking number? You can track that through their site and also if you put that number in Google or USPS you can track it from the US side.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
no.

I thought the exact same thing.. Theo and I emailed back in forth as well.

Here's how mine went. mine ended up in Chicago. It was there for 7 days.. then it said it was being prepared to ship from Greece... The tracking never updated after that until it hit our local post office and was delivered the next day.

I can't guarantee it isn't lost, of course, but it's more likely the USPS is having one of its more-than-frequent-these-days problems.

mine ended up in Chicago. It was there for 7 days..
Works the other way around as well. I had two incoming razors. I believe both passed Chicago. One was in transit for 11 days before I received news it was across the pond. And in all it took about 3 weeks to get here. The other was here within 10 days. Go figure.

What might be the case though is that the value of the Athena triggers a customs duties (appraisal) process hence the waiting time and no status updating.

@Mr. Shavington you were one of the first to get and wrote about the Athena (at least in my mind). And congrats on a magnificent razor. It looks stunning and I am still tempted to get one.

It looks like some sort of take on the R41 baseplate design. Hybrid as you mentioned. How would you stock her up against the Timeless Ti95 scalloped baseplate? Do you get similar shave or are there distinct differences?

Thanks,

Guido

@Mr. Shavington you were one of the first to get and wrote about the Athena (at least in my mind). And congrats on a magnificent razor. It looks stunning and I am still tempted to get one.

It looks like some sort of take on the R41 baseplate design. Hybrid as you mentioned. How would you stock her up against the Timeless Ti95 scalloped baseplate? Do you get similar shave or are there distinct differences?

Thanks,

Guido
The Athena is much more mild and more efficient than the Timeless 95, in my opinion. But the Athena has at least as much feedback while shaving, which seems similar to blade feel but does not irritate the skin. So you would get a milder shave with the Athena but you wouldn’t necessarily perceive it as milder. I know it sounds hard to believe, but I get a much closer shave with my Athena than the Timeless, and much less skin irritation.

By the way, although I started the thread about the Athena here, I only got mine from the second production batch. I missed the original run (which was only 50 and all sold within 48hrs), but I saw reviews on another forum, which were extremely positive.

I thought the exact same thing.. Theo and I emailed back in forth as well.

Here's how mine went. mine ended up in Chicago. It was there for 7 days.. then it said it was being prepared to ship from Greece... The tracking never updated after that until it hit our local post office and was delivered the next day.

I can't guarantee it isn't lost, of course, but it's more likely the USPS is having one of its more-than-frequent-these-days problems.
Mine was stuck in Chicago for like 11 days!?! I told Theo I thought the Customs guys were getting some free shaves in. Can you blame them, though? Gorgeous razor.

My Athena arrived a few days ago, but I was traveling, so today was my first shave—I’m in love 😍. First, the Athena is far more beautiful in person than pictures convey. I cannot write about the Athena any more eloquently than what has been written, but the shave is magnificent!! I don’t usually shave ATG, but the ATG shave was even more marvelous than the 1st WTG pass. The razor feedback is the best I have experienced, there is no irritation if I shave over an area multiple times , love the zero blade exposure, and the shave is wonderfully smoooooth!! I’ll be interested to see how long the bbs lasts, but the Lambda Athena hype is real and in some ways exceeded my high expectations. If the bbs lasts until tomorrow as my top razors do, the Athena will be a serious contender for my favorite razor.

My Athena arrived a few days ago, but I was traveling, so today was my first shave—I’m in love 😍. First, the Athena is far more beautiful in person than pictures convey. I cannot write about the Athena any more eloquently than what has been written, but the shave is magnificent!! I don’t usually shave ATG, but the ATG shave was even more marvelous than the 1st WTG pass. The razor feedback is the best I have experienced, there is no irritation if I shave over an area multiple times , love the zero blade exposure, and the shave is wonderfully smoooooth!! I’ll be interested to see how long the bbs lasts, but the Lambda Athena hype is real and in some ways exceeded my high expectations. If the bbs lasts until tomorrow as my top razors do, the Athena will be a serious contender for my favorite razor.
I’m so glad it was worth waiting for. I guess the US post wanted to keep it.

If the BBS doesn’t last as long as you’re hoping, just experiment with the angle until you get it.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
The price of the Athena might be more than some people are willing to invest in a DE razor but I'm sure glad I was able to get one. What lovely shave from the most beautiful razor "I've" ever seen.

I'm another one who says: this razor is even more aesthetically pleasing in person. There are some very good photographers here, but even the best photographs do not do it justice.

Add to that: the beautiful box..... I have the razor displayed on top of my dresser.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
I have to admit I love both the look of and the description of how the Athena shaves. I don't think I could justify that expenditure on a single razor, but I really would love to. I have a Muhle Rocca that I love, it has some fantastic audio feedback and even does the shooting water out the sides trick so I guess I'll make do with that, but it's good to have a dream, isn't it

Top Bottom