IMG_7313.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_7314.jpg
    IMG_7314.jpg
    1,018.8 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_7319.jpg
    IMG_7319.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 65
Frankly while it looks very well finished and made, it doesn't look very distinctive design wise as it looks a lot like a fatip to me together with the same curved geometry for the head. Are there any features which are unique to its design compared to other razors whether design wise or function wise?

Frankly while it looks very well finished and made, it doesn't look very distinctive design wise as it looks a lot like a fatip to me together with the same curved geometry for the head. Are there any features which are unique to its design compared to other razors whether design wise or function wise?

Probably not geometry wise. I’ve never used the fatip. I’m sure the shave isn’t too far off if you say the geometry looks the same. After a while all these razors start shaving the same to me. the appeal to me with this razor is the materials used, craftsmanship, finishing, detailing, and packaging.

Shave 1 is in the books
Soap- A&E Gin Club K2 base
Blade- GSB and Kai
24 hour dense short stubble

The shave started with a GSB blade. This razor is all blade feel all the time. My .95 timeless is a 4 in bladefeel. My ti blackbird is a 6 . My H&S P076 is a 7.5. The Ares is a 10. It feels like a straight razor shave.
The gsb is so thin and I forgot I don’t have success with it with positive blade exposure razors. This was no exception. About halfway into my first wtg pass I was so uncomfortable I had to change something to more rigid.

I knew the thicker, and more rigid KAI would help as it is my best blade in my P076. Once I changed the blade it was a massive boost to smoothness.

I proceeded with a light touch could’ve stopped after pass 2 with a DFS+. This is my usual goal. I decided to treck along to atg pass 3 and was rewarded with the closest shave I’ve ever achieved with a DE. I had minimal stinging with my AS and no irritation or nicks

Is this a razor I would ever use again on 24 hour growth? With options like the paradigm SE and blackbird ti probably not.

With that said this is a keeper in my small collection. It was a rewarding, comfortable, and close as can be shave. This is not an autopilot razor. Much like a straight razor the experience of the shave is directly derived from technique. I will be nagging the vendor for a Sb baseplate. I think it would be a welcome boost to comfort.

Probably not geometry wise. I’ve never used the fatip. I’m sure the shave isn’t too far off if you say the geometry looks the same. After a while all these razors start shaving the same to me. the appeal to me with this razor is the materials used, craftsmanship, finishing, detailing, and packaging.

Sorry I don't mean that the curve is exactly the same angle. What I meant is that it looks to be using the same methodology to stiffen the blade which is by curving it, and it also has the same grecian design motifs that fatip has. Of course the lambda is likely to have far higher levels of fit and finish and a different shaving experience.

Shave 1 is in the books
Soap- A&E Gin Club K2 base
Blade- GSB and Kai
24 hour dense short stubble

The shave started with a GSB blade. This razor is all blade feel all the time. My .95 timeless is a 4 in bladefeel. My ti blackbird is a 6 . My H&S P076 is a 7.5. The Ares is a 10. It feels like a straight razor shave.
The gsb is so thin and I forgot I don’t have success with it with positive blade exposure razors. This was no exception. About halfway into my first wtg pass I was so uncomfortable I had to change something to more rigid.

Thank you very much for the review!

It is very interesting that you compare the "Ares" to high end razors...

It was clear that the the blade feel is 10 compared to the other razors you mentioned.

Is it possible to compare aggressiveness and efficiency in the same way you compared the blade feel?

Thank you very much for the review!

It is very interesting that you compare the "Ares" to high end razors...

It was clear that the the blade feel is 10 compared to the other razors you mentioned.

Is it possible to compare aggressiveness and efficiency in the same way you compared the blade feel?

Sure. Efficiency is a 10 as well. It was relatively smooth with a light touch. I got to almost bbs in two passes which I couldn't even do with the R41. Its a razor you have to go slow with. I saw a few shaves on YouTube and every video the guys got cut because they rushed. I would prefer an SB baseplate as I don't have the patience, or time, to go slow shaving these days.

Top Bottom