What's new

Lambda Ares V2

Used my Ares this morning. Every time I feel like I want to sell it, I shave with it, and the urge quickly passes.

Today I used the Astra stainless that came with the razor. I do like this blade but it tends to work well in some of my razors and not so well in others. Well it works fantastic in the Ares….sharp, smooth, and comfortable. Had a very good shave today. It reminds me of the closeness I get with my Ti Blackbird but with a completely different shave experience.

I still prefer the Athena, but the Ares is one fine shaver. Maybe I need to use it more often.

So what is the usual shipping time to the USA? It's been just over 2 weeks since it was shipped. It took 9 days just to get to customs and tracking has stayed at "waiting for customs approval" for 6 days now. In comparison my Rocnel took 3 or 4 days total from Turkey once shipped and was sent FedEx for the same shipping charge.

So what is the usual shipping time to the USA? It's been just over 2 weeks since it was shipped. It took 9 days just to get to customs and tracking has stayed at "waiting for customs approval" for 6 days now. In comparison my Rocnel took 3 or 4 days total from Turkey once shipped and was sent FedEx for the same shipping charge.
Lambda offers shipments with normal postal services... usually Greek postal services are very slow, however it could be that the package is moving but the tracking is not updated, it could be that it will be updated at the last minute when the package is about to arrive home yours

I have received 2 Lamdas and the shipping time was pretty close to 10 days to Missouri. East coast would be shorter, West longer. But I would be surprised if it ever took longer than 2 weeks. The hangup is usually Customs, and that is where problems could arise. Once they damaged the head of the Ares and Theo replaced it. Excellent customer service, second only to the quality of his razors.

Thanks everyone for the replies and information. It is still listed today as waiting for customs approval. Maybe it will make it to Texas this week, who knows. It will be 3 weeks pretty soon since it shipped. Stuff from China doesn't even take as long. If USPS is involved I'm sure they're a major part of the delay.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Thanks everyone for the replies and information. It is still listed today as waiting for customs approval. Maybe it will make it to Texas this week, who knows. It will be 3 weeks pretty soon since it shipped. Stuff from China doesn't even take as long. If USPS is involved I'm sure they're a major part of the delay.
It might surprise you and show up tomorrow. Tracking doesn’t always show steps between customs and ‘out for delivery.’

My Lambda Ares finally arrived today! USPS didn't update their tracking for well over a week until it was delivered. Anyway, I'm very impressed with it! The razor looks great and the beautiful wood case, serial number and pamphlet really puts the overall presentation over the top and sets it apart. I tried it out and it works great. Its amazing how little blade is revealed yet does a great job. The Ares is so mild it fooled me how well it worked. I have razors that probably shave closer but not as mysteriously mild. With more usage it will get even better. The handle is a little slippery when wet but not a problem. I guess now I'll have to get an Athena too when available. :laugh:

2nd shave with my Ares v2, went much better than the first. Had to place my pinky finger on one side of the handle with other fingers in the standard positioning, created a good clamping effect. Shaves really well, good smooth result for ATG on the cheeks and neck, and no neck irritation (my weak spot).

Lambda Ares v2
Personna Chrome Platinum (red)
RR XXX
RR Keyhole
tempImagexj34tx.jpg

Lambda Update:
The Razor Company is sold out on the Ares but still has a few Athenas left.
Lambda is sold out of the Athena and has only 4 Ares left.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom