What's new

Lakeland Experience

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I don't smoke it often, but sometimes I get that weird craving for Grousemoor. I also like the Veg :lol:

I managed to try my sample of grousemoor tonight. I liked it quite a bit, except that topping stayed with me and has an aftertaste like a menthol cigarette, just not nearly that strong.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Smoked another bowl from the list of Lakeland samples that @Kentos generously sent me. Tonight was #2 on the list with Gawith, Hoggarth & Co. Dark Flake Scented. Tobacco Reviews says it's a Virginia/Burley blend that is seasoned with the addition of traditional British flavorings, as well as tonquin, maple, and licorice.

Took a minute to get lit, but once it did, it got hot and stayed hot, even when slowly sipping. I had to let the pipe go out several times, just to let it cool down. I recognized the soapy, perfumey.... Thing, just as my first Lakeland experience with Kendal Flake. However, the significant amount of Burley in the blend, seemed to intensify the strength of the soapy, perfumed notes, unlike the smooth, flavorful and faint notes I experienced with the Kendal Flake.

I don't think I am going to be a big Burley fan. I think I can enjoy Burley if it's not a big portion of the blend and I can even tolerate smoking Carter Hall, but I really don't enjoy the strong, cigarette like taste and smoke of Burley. So I can appreciate it if it's a very light sprinkling of Burley in a English blend, but if it's a straight half and half Va'Bur blend, I think the Burley just dominates too much from start to finish for my liking.

The Burley in the Dark Flake Scented irritated my throat, making it feel scratchy, in the back of my throat. It made my throat feel like it does when Ragweed allergens are high. As far as the rest of the notes and flavorings, I felt like I could of probably enjoyed them more, if the Burley was just absent from the blend.

I really appreciate the opportunity to experience so many different Lakeland blends. Thanks again Kent. :)

Top Bottom