What's new

Lainess : New french soap review ! (LPL inside)

Hi gentlemen :001_smile

I don’toften write on the forum but I love reading comments and especially reviews onshaving gears.

But when I try a soap which I find amazing, I allow myself to make my own review (that’s why I used to make one of the famous LPL Rose de Pushkar)

I am trying now a new french soap since 2 weeks and I find it to be such impressive that I cannot resist to allow it a review.

History of this soap :

This soap is called “Lainess” and it is a new french shaving soap on the market. The owner of the farm whith donkeys is called Gaelle and the thing is she lives close to Cyril (Le Père Lucien) and they are friends each other. When Cyril visited the farm and saw the quality of her products, he encouraged her to create a shaving soap.

So Gaelle provides some ingredients (like her donkey milk) and Le Père Lucien makes the soap.

You can visit the website : www.lainess.com

The problem is that the shaving soap is not displaiyed on the website yet but you can easily contact Gaelle through email : [email protected]

That is how I did to purchase the soap and she answered me during the same day and I was able to pay her with paypal. (and she offered me a big 50g sample of one of her bath soap in my order !!)

$lainess1.jpg

THE SOAP :

First of all, you can see on the first picture the ingredient list : This is a great point cause it is only natural with just a few ingredients.
The soap is rich of shea butter, honey and donkey milk; those 3 ingredients being very good for the skin !

This is a100g puck (around 3.4 oz) and to give you an idea, this soap is a little bit harder than a regular LPL soap (but of course not as hard as a MDC).

As it is a100ml version, the puck is quite small. The cost is 18.50€ (I don’t know the shipping cost to US or foreign countries, so do not hesitate to contact her).

$lainess2.jpg

from left to right : Mystic water, Lainess and Monsavon

To be honest the soap is on the same line of price of regular LPL soaps, so it is quite expensive but it really worth it ! and let me explain you why :thumbup:

$lainess3.jpg
Here is what it looks like Inside

ITS QUALITIES

First the smell : on the tag is written in french : “honey scent”. Well the main scent that comes to me is coffee scent. I love it and it definitely reminds me of theRazorock Mudder focker scent (but this soap is better in all the points).
The scent is very well balanced, not overpowering, present during the shave but not too much.

Now let’s talk about the shave itself !

I used quite a few soaps during my 2 years experience of shaving; from HTGAM,razorock, LPL, MDC, Mike’s, to Mystic water..

I mainly use a Plisson L’occitane synthetic brush. I loaded it on the puck for no more than 10 seconds and oh man ! the brush is already overloaded !

$lainess4.jpg
My brush is loaded of only 10 seconds !

I then build the lather on my face and add some water from time to time and at the end the lather is incredible. It is a mix between LPL and TOBS creams, very thick,dense, and you feel like you apply some Nivea cream instead of a shaving soap:thumbup1:

Of course,the glide and protection are really really good.

I used touse the Mystic Water sensitive skin those last 2 months (great soap !) and I was a bit afraid when I tried this Lainess soap (I have quite sensitive skin)but at the end using shea butter, honey, donkey milk, you cannot go wrong with this soap. Those who have sensitive skin would really enjoy its benefits.

$laines55.jpg
The Plisson brush after the first pass...

I mean to me, this soap is at least as good as LPL, MDC, Mikes etc...

The only problem is that it’s only available in 100g version (hope she will make abigger soap soon).

But alittle goes a long way and I’m sure this soap will last for a long time !

This soap is not popular yet and that’s why I write this review cause it really deserves it !!!

By the way,I do apologize for my english writing :blushing:

Thanks for a terrific review! :thumbup1:

Need to get through 2016 for my year of Haslinger's. Then I will be on the lookout for this!

Thanks for posting this. I have an email in asking what shipping to Canada would be. Likely prohibitive but doesn't hurt to ask.

The following is the reply I received via email as to product and shipping costs to Canada. 9 euro doesn't seem too bad if you ask me. I paid over double that for shipping on the MdC that is enroute to me now.

Hello Mr. Turcotte,

Shaving soap with donkey milk costs € 18.50
Shipping fees (tracking number included) amounted to € 9.00
Total = € 27.50

You can pay on Paypal at the following address: [email protected].

Thank you and I remain at your disposal for any further information.

Regards,

Not that I have found. I ordered directly from the maker in France. It was easy and didn't take all that long considering the distance. Highly recommend the soap, especially if you like the smell of a caramel type dark honey. Performance is top notch also.

Thanks for the post. However, I don't understand how the addition of donkey milk to a shaving soap would enhance it. Am I missing something?

I am happy to revive this thread!

I used Lainess for the first time today. I sent an email asking if the product could be shipped to the US. It arrived less than a week later. It was 18.50 for the soap and 9 for shipping (euro) for 100g. So it's not exactly cheap but it's not horribly expensive either.

I have one use with this soap and think it is fantastic.

As far as scent, think honey, dark caramel, a little coffee. It is moderate in strength. I really enjoyed it (8.5/10).

It was very easy to lather (9/10). Plenty of cushion and plenty of glide (9/10).

Truthfully, the post shave may be better than any other soap I have tried including MWF, CRSW, B&M, and SdM. (9.5/10)

I will definitely be buying this again. It is a top performer in my den. I hope someone will begin carrying this stateside.

[MENTION=95297]exocet[/MENTION],
How much was shipping to you in Paris?
I'm in Bavaria and it appears that shipping everywhere (even the US) is only 8 Euro.

Top Bottom