What's new

Lagavulin 16yr

Hey gang,
I figured that this might get lost in the deals section since it isn't about shaving. A mod may disagree.

Anyway, Costco has the Lagavulin 16yr for $60! I'm not an Islay person but know that some of you are. Enjoy!

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
That's one hell of a price! I have a bottle that cost 50% more than that!

Great whisky, too. One of my favorites.

Thanks for sharing. Lavavulin is my favorite scotch and I happen to have a Costco membership. So needless to say I'll be stopping by to pick up a couple bottles.

$IMG_5581.jpg

Granted it was a grocery store in Venice, but hell, it even beat Duty Free dead :)

As Lagavulin's prices have risen I've resorted to Caol Ila. Others disagree but I find it an acceptable alternative for (at least here) $35 less per bottle.

Lagavulin for regular rotation is a bit pricey, for me I get a good deal for Talisker 10 which is pretty good.

The bottle is down to $55, so I'm thinking about finding a bar that sells the 16yr to try it. That price is hard to pass up!

The Lagavulin 21 was a rare treat, but the 16 is a great dram as well. And at that price, wow!

Between rising single malt prices and a move to Kentucky, I've been more into bourbons lately, but all this talk makes me want to rumble through the liquor cabinet tonight and see what smoky treats might be hiding in there...

Lagavulin and Caol Ila taste completely different. Sometimes I like peat moss, sometimes I don't.

I could understand if we were talking about Ardbeg or Laphroig at either end of the Islay spectrum, but i've got to disagree with the notion that Lagavulin and Caol Ila taste completely different. They are both very good mild to warm islays.

I could understand if we were talking about Ardbeg or Laphroig at either end of the Islay spectrum, but i've got to disagree with the notion that Lagavulin and Caol Ila taste completely different. They are both very good mild to warm islays.

Fair enough, everyone's palate is different.

Turned my buddy on to Lagavulin last night. He loved it.

Hey gang,
I figured that this might get lost in the deals section since it isn't about shaving. A mod may disagree.

Anyway, Costco has the Lagavulin 16yr for $60! I'm not an Islay person but know that some of you are. Enjoy!

Unfortunately Colorado doesn't allow spirits or wine or real beer to be sold anywhere but a liquor store. But, somehow Trader Joes was allowed to sell liquor in only one of their Colorado stores.

Going rate on Lagavulin is ~$90, Talisker (my #2 choice) is ~$70. Needless to say I haven't been getting much of either lately.

Top Bottom