What's new

Lady Gillette

This may seem like an odd question coming from a guy, but how does the Lady Gillette compare to the the Gillette Blue Tip when it comes to aggressiveness?

I tried finding information on the blade gaps of vintage Gillette razors as it relates to the Lady Gillette when compared to the Blue Tip, but couldn't find much. Besides, I'm curious if any guys on here have tried the Lady Gillette? The longer handle is appealing.

I already have the Blue Tip, silver tip, red tip, as well as a Gillette Slim and a Fatboy.

Thank You.
Korey

A blue one was my first DE razor. My mom gave it to me when I went off to college in 1993.

I still use it occasionally. I shave my head with it more than anything because of the longer handle. I don't have a blue tip SS but it's much less aggressive than the red tip and more on par with the silver tip I have. It's probably in between the blue and silver SS razors. So, it's pretty mild.

Legion

Staff member
I believe it is the same head as the regular (middle) SS.

I had one as part of the collection, but an ex girlfriend took a liking to it and I never got it back.

My wife uses a knack, and that is similar to use. Much the same head and the longer handle. The lady Gillette is much nicer looking though.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I have used one many times, it is a very fine shaver and a thing of beauty. To me it is the same as a regular Superspeed or perhaps a flare tip. I imagine the blue tip would be milder although I have not personally used one.

I have used one many times, it is a very fine shaver and a thing of beauty. To me it is the same as a regular Superspeed or perhaps a flare tip. I imagine the blue tip would be milder although I have not personally used one.
If looks mean anything, the head on the Lady Starburst looks identical to my 67, Black Handle Super Speed. Shaves the same too! I repainted the small, engraved Starbursts on mine with a nail polish that pretty much matched the original. Other than that, it shaves ok and looks pretty good for its age. It is in the collection of my many super speeds, one can't have too many of those.

Several years ago, I bought one for my daughter (see loves it) I used it once and found it much like a Gen 1 Super Speed. I decided to get one for the other four woman in my life (other daughter, 2 granddaughters and daughter-in-law. Luckly, I found a seller that had a whole case of NOS. All 1966.
IMG_4317 (1).JPG

Top Bottom