What's new

Ladas

Who would ever think - most reviews I have seen on this blade have been horrible. I am now 5 weeks into this and this is my 9th different blade as I want to try as many as I can. Hard to believe but after my third use and second blade, the Ladas is the smoothest shaving blade so far! Who would think? (second to that, as a surprise is the Treet Platinum!) . I'll keep on going through my blade and after 3 to 4 months come up with 3 to 4 I will rotate - maybe 5. Very fun!!! I have found a little mirror perception on blade quality - ie: people read what someone else says on any blade and are influenced without even trying the blade - as blades are SO subjective, to begin with anyway.

Who would ever think - most reviews I have seen on this blade have been horrible. I am now 5 weeks into this and this is my 9th different blade as I want to try as many as I can. Hard to believe but after my third use and second blade, the Ladas is the smoothest shaving blade so far! Who would think? (second to that, as a surprise is the Treet Platinum!) . I'll keep on going through my blade and after 3 to 4 months come up with 3 to 4 I will rotate - maybe 5. Very fun!!! I have found a little mirror perception on blade quality - ie: people read what someone else says on any blade and are influenced without even trying the blade - as blades are SO subjective, to begin with anyway.

I really like the Ladas blades myself also. Very smooth nice shave from them.

I have used 2 Ladas blades from a Russian Blade sampler pack. Both blades for me were rough and felt scratchy, not smooth at all. I was surprised to hear that for some people, it is a very smooth blade. Blades are funny things!

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Ladas are a blade that I have not tried yet but I do have a tuck that I got in a sampler pack. I will have to give them a try. Thanks for sharing your experience.

What a coincidence. I had a tuck of Ladas from a sampler I put together in January but haven't gotten around to using them until last night. Two days growth in a Superadjustable on 5. Great shave. I was surprised.

I have used 2 Ladas blades from a Russian Blade sampler pack. Both blades for me were rough and felt scratchy, not smooth at all. I was surprised to hear that for some people, it is a very smooth blade. Blades are funny things!
My experience with Ladas exactly!

I had my first shave with a Ladas tonight, in a Mühle Rocca. Did not expect much, but got my smoothest shave so far, zero irritation and not a single weeper, unbelievable.

I think that those blades are very similar to Voshkod, although I haven't used a Voshkod in my current razor yet to be able to make a direct comparison. However, they must have very similar coatings; like the Voshkod, the Ladas needs a couple of strokes to start cutting (initially it feels like trying to shave with a spoon), but then simply glides over the skin.

I was hesitant to try those because I had a subpar experience with Rapira Stainless Chrome, which are supposed to be much sharper than Ladas, but it was quite the opposite for my face!

Most of the blades from the Rapira plant work for me. The Ladas is a personal favorite of mine. Not crazy sharp, but just sharp enough to handle my whiskers easily without giving my skin any irritation at all.

Judging by my 1 day's growth it gave me a pretty close shave too. In fact, probably the closest shave I have experienced with zero irritation. The BIC Chrome Platinum digs in deeper but it comes at a cost for me as it can leave the face a little raw if not careful.

I was very surprised by Ladas blades too. They’re not in my “Elite 3” which are all I use now, but if I got stuck using them for the rest of my life I wouldn’t be upset either. They’re a sleeper brand for sure.

Top Bottom