What's new

Labor Day contest!

Congratulations to the three winners. Yet another generous end to a contest by Captain's.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OMG, OMG, OMG, I won!!!!!!! Thank you very much Captain for putting on these giveaways. I enjoy using your products and I am really looking forward to trying the AS. Congrats to the other wiiners.

Open the mailbox today and there was a box inside. Opened the box and not only Land Ho in the box but some samples. Thank you Captain for adding those samples and the Land Ho. Funny thing was I wasn't even going to enter this one but figured why not, it is usually a long shot but would love to try the Land Ho.

I really like the scent of Land Ho, it is a little mild for my nose but it is a nice scent, I will have to pick up the soap or the cream when it becomes available. The one that surprised me the most was the vial of Nor'easter AS, I dabbed a little on the back side of my hand and I can't stop sniffing it, that is an awesome scent. I had not thought about buying it before because I don't care for the feeling of menthol on my face so I had no interest in it because of that. I now might have to change my mind and order some shave cream and AS. Could even go for a cologne in that scent. One of the samples was Sandalwood shave soap of which I already had but gave to a friend, I like Sandalwood but he liked it more so it went to him, just never replaced it. The 3rd sample was Venture Aftershave Balm, I have both the Venture shave soap and AS and it is one of my favorite scent. Is it normal for the balm to have less or a milder scent to it? To my nose it seems mild or even slightly different than the AS. Maybe it is just my nose.

Thanks again, really appreciate the gift.

Thanks for the compliments, much appreciated. We work hard to make our scents unique and it is encouraging when we hear back from customers that they love them.

I like our contests to have three winners. Pretty much none of us win a contest so if you know at the outset that there will be three winners chosen it gives you a LOT better odds.

There is a great deal of volunteer good sportsmanship in my contests too. Guys participate and then mention since they just won recently that they are not "in" this one to give someone else a chance. That captures the vibe on B&B better than anything else - a posture of being selfless.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Thanks for the compliments, much appreciated. We work hard to make our scents unique and it is encouraging when we hear back from customers that they love them.

I like our contests to have three winners. Pretty much none of us win a contest so if you know at the outset that there will be three winners chosen it gives you a LOT better odds.

There is a great deal of volunteer good sportsmanship in my contests too. Guys participate and then mention since they just won recently that they are not "in" this one to give someone else a chance. That captures the vibe on B&B better than anything else - a posture of being selfless.
Captain, I think you realize that you ain't taking any of the stuff with you when you check out, and enjoy the smiles you create with your contests as much as we do!

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I know this is over and thanks Captain for another great giveaway.

I’ll just add the job I had that I think about most is my very first real tax paying job. I say “real tax paying job” because I had a few “jobs” growing up that were not “on the books” - laying sod, dishwashing, selling baby gerbils to the pet store, all before the age of 15 When I got my first real tax paying job.

It was at a very small grocery store in Aurora, IL. I’m sure the Captain knows where (and about) Aurora, IL. It’s where I was born and partially raised. The ‘lil grocery store was called Buy-Rite Supermarket and it was on 4th street, and it was about 4-6 aisles wide. More like a convenience store. But they sold deli meat, fresh cut meats, dairy, and anything else you’d find at a grocery store. My Cousin managed the place and hired me. I learned so much working there. Life, work ethic, race, integrity, theft, my first crush, just everything about dealing with people and working and life.

There was an old man that worked there that taught me some of this stuff. He was in his 70’s I’d estimate, never knew for sure. Just basic life lessons that I remember to this day - mop side to side, don’t push the mop. “Stack em high watch em fly”. “Time to lean, time to clean”.

One time he even locked me in the walk in cooler. We went in to get some stuff and not wanting to be in his way I always hung out behind him. Well he spun around to find me and I guess I was just one step ahead of him and moved out of his sight and he didn’t see me. He walked out and slammed the door shut behind him. So there I am thinking “is this some type of hazing on the young new kid?”. So I’m hanging out in the cooler for a few minutes. It was an old cooler - old - no way to get out from the inside, no “help! I’m locked in” handle that will open the door. I begin to get cold and I realize....he’s not coming back. So I begin to yell. “HEY!! HELP! I’M IN THE COOLER! HELLOOOOO!!”. After several more minutes I begin to panic and start kicking the door. I finally give it a big heavy kick and it pops open. So I speed walk up front and I‘m like “hey! You locked me in the cooler!”. He had absolutely no idea since he thought I never followed him there. It was all quite hysterical in the end.

I worked there for 3 years and did everything from mop the floor, to counting the daily cash take at night and locking up. Eventually I began helping my cousin manage the place. 17 years old and they let me have keys to the store and the safe combination. I’ll always remember that job and that old man for teaching me about being a good person. Having integrity, values, honesty.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I know this is over and thanks Captain for another great giveaway.

I’ll just add the job I had that I think about most is my very first real tax paying job. I say “real tax paying job” because I had a few “jobs” growing up that were not “on the books” - laying sod, dishwashing, selling baby gerbils to the pet store, all before the age of 15 When I got my first real tax paying job.

It was at a very small grocery store in Aurora, IL. I’m sure the Captain knows where (and about) Aurora, IL. It’s where I was born and partially raised. The ‘lil grocery store was called Buy-Rite Supermarket and it was on 4th street, and it was about 4-6 aisles wide. More like a convenience store. But they sold deli meat, fresh cut meats, dairy, and anything else you’d find at a grocery store. My Cousin managed the place and hired me. I learned so much working there. Life, work ethic, race, integrity, theft, my first crush, just everything about dealing with people and working and life.

There was an old man that worked there that taught me some of this stuff. He was in his 70’s I’d estimate, never knew for sure. Just basic life lessons that I remember to this day - mop side to side, don’t push the mop. “Stack em high watch em fly”. “Time to lean, time to clean”.

One time he even locked me in the walk in cooler. We went in to get some stuff and not wanting to be in his way I always hung out behind him. Well he spun around to find me and I guess I was just one step ahead of him and moved out of his sight and he didn’t see me. He walked out and slammed the door shut behind him. So there I am thinking “is this some type of hazing on the young new kid?”. So I’m hanging out in the cooler for a few minutes. It was an old cooler - old - no way to get out from the inside, no “help! I’m locked in” handle that will open the door. I begin to get cold and I realize....he’s not coming back. So I begin to yell. “HEY!! HELP! I’M IN THE COOLER! HELLOOOOO!!”. After several more minutes I begin to panic and start kicking the door. I finally give it a big heavy kick and it pops open. So I speed walk up front and I‘m like “hey! You locked me in the cooler!”. He had absolutely no idea since he thought I never followed him there. It was all quite hysterical in the end.

I worked there for 3 years and did everything from mop the floor, to counting the daily cash take at night and locking up. Eventually I began helping my cousin manage the place. 17 years old and they let me have keys to the store and the safe combination. I’ll always remember that job and that old man for teaching me about being a good person. Having integrity, values, honesty.
Excellent post.

It's amazing the lessons we learn while we aren't even trying.

Top Bottom