What's new

Label making.

Legion

Staff member
So I have realised my collection of rocks has gotten to the point where it is worth a bit of money.

Also, even I sometimes lose track of what rock is what.

If I lose track, what chance does anyone else have when I kick the bucket? My wife has no idea what any of these things are, or what they are worth (by design, at this point). But once I am gone, they might all end up in the bin, which would be a real shame.

So I am thinking of at least labeling them with the type of stone, maybe the size… so at least a Google search could be done by someone not in the know.

Do any of you guys with collections tag and label your hones? If so how? Products you use?

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
First you need a legal will, made after your last marriage. I have also given the executor of my estate written instructions to guide him in dealing with some of my affairs. This includes my meager shaving gear collection, with appropriate photos, as well as my cryptocurrency holdings and other major investments.

Last edited:

Legion

Staff member
First you need a legal will, made after your last marriage. I have also given the executor of my estate written instructions to guide him in dealing with some of my affairs. This includes my meager shaving gear collection, with appropriate photos, as well as my cryptocurrency holdings and other major investments.
Will your executor know by sight the difference between a Charnley, a Turkish, a Washita, a Lynn Idwal, and a paving stone from your yard?

Yeah, I probably need more photos. But in the meantime I want to label things better than writing on them with a Sharpie.

My wife and/or my kid get all my junk. I’m trying to find the best way for them to work out what they have.

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
I number my stones (not all of them but the “keepers”) like Alex G does- put some white out on the back or side, number with a fine tip felt pen, then write down in a log the stone number, type of stone, description, where I got it, how much I paid, and any other additional info I think is noteworthy. I also have the log on a thumb drive that I keep in the safe. I don’t care if my kids sell them when I’m gone, but if they do I want to make sure they get top dollar for them. I don’t have them in my will, I trust my kids to sort that out themselves.

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
I should have noted after I write the number with a felt pen I seal over that spot with clear fingernail polish to lock it in.

Reactions: Wid

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
My wife and/or my kid get all my junk. I’m trying to find the best way for them to work out what they have.
No they won't if you don't have a will. The public trustee will take a substantial slice.

Top Bottom