What's new

LABAGUE French olive oil soap

Found this in a French import store locally. They had about a dozen different scents and I liked this one , Green Tea... Smells nothing like any green tea I ever drank , but the fragrence is very nice...80% OLIVE OIL, NO RANCID ODOR...The lather worked up slowly and became richer and more luxurious as the bath continued. Never needed to reload the wash cloth. 300 gram bar $13 included tax , a really nice bar.
IMG_0011 (1).JPG
IMG_0008.JPG
IMG_0009 (1).JPG
IMG_0010 (1).JPG
IMG_0007 (1).JPG

I haven't heard of this brand before, but I am using cauldron made Savon de Marseille at present.
Is it an 80% bar or 100% ?....I've stayed away from the 100% bars due to the high % of people who end up with a rancid bar......If you can buy in person it makes a big difference, the scent will tell you if it's fresh ...

Is it an 80% bar or 100% ?....I've stayed away from the 100% bars due to the high % of people who end up with a rancid bar......If you can buy in person it makes a big difference, the scent will tell you if it's fresh ...
72% ...

6e232030181dd93f087c266487e530ed.jpg

I think this is one of the brands recommended by MARCO , who knows far more than I do about French soaps... How is the lather ??...scent ?? Where did you buy it ?
They are available from TK Maxx in the UK. It lathered excellently, I often find Aleppo/Nablus and other Olive soaps hard to lather. I do have a mix of Olive and Palm versions, I just finished up a Palm, which may explain the easy lathering. The scent is the normal wet cardboard smell. I cut the square into slices.

It is one of many brands of Savon de Marseille I have tried, there must be atleast 15 well known brands. TK Maxx previously stocked Le Petit Olivier and Le Petit Marseillais.

Top Bottom