What's new

La Toja?

I've just used La Toja stick today, after a long time. It's so MAGNIFICENT and SUPERIOR that I'm now asking myself why I continue using other soaps...
Marco, you were posting about Ach. Brito Magno soap recently. How would you compare Magno with La Toja?

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Marco, you were posting about Ach. Brito Magno soap recently. How would you compare Magno with La Toja?

These are the 2 finest low-budget hard soaps I have in my den. Shape (stick Vs puck), scent and ingredients are different. But each, in its own way, is MARVELLOUS. I hope this answers you question, Sir.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
These are the 2 finest low-budget hard soaps I have in my den. Shape (stick Vs puck), scent and ingredients are different. But each, in its own way, is MARVELLOUS. I hope this answers you question, Sir.

By the way, I think a very interesting comparison would be between Mogno and Musgo Real. Both are made by the same manufacturer (Ach. Brito) and both share a very similar ingredients list. But price-point is way different. Is it just because Ach. Brito needs to maintain Musgo Real and Claus Porto, its luxury brand, in another price range? I hope I can test the Musgo Real puck soon to answer this question properly.

By the way, I think a very interesting comparison would be between Mogno and Musgo Real. Both are made by the same manufacturer (Ach. Brito) and both share a very similar ingredients list. But price-point is way different. Is it just because Ach. Brito needs to maintain Musgo Real and Claus Porto, its luxury brand, in another price range? I hope I can test the Musgo Real puck soon to answer this question properly.
I would be really interested in this comparison. These soaps are on my list for the future.

After reading all the posts in this thread, and hearing the love for La Toja, I bought a 4-pack. I had a chance to use it for the first time this morning. This soap is spectacular! I could tell it was slick as soon as I started applying water to my face(soap already applied). The second I lathered the soap it became extremely slick. Usually I have apply a lot of water and work the soap for several minutes to get the soap slick enough to begin shaving. La Toja seemed slick almost instantly.

I have been shaving with the new Razorock stainless steel BBS razor. Brush was a “That Darn Rob” Olive wood brush with Fanchurian knot.

Today I had one of the best shaved I’ve ever had. BBS shave, no cuts, weepers or irritation. As I ran the alum block over the face I had absolutely no sting.

Post shave was wonderful also. Face and head felt moisturized and smooth.

Once again, thanks for the suggestion and input about La Toja, can’t wait for tomorrow’s shave!

Today I had one of the best shaved I’ve ever had. BBS shave, no cuts, weepers or irritation. As I ran the alum block over the face I had absolutely no sting.

Post shave was wonderful also. Face and head felt moisturized and smooth....
Since La Toja contains mineral salts, you might not need the alum block for these shaves.

Yes, but the real question is Brioni, Canali, or Isaia?

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
I’ve been waiting for La Toja to be back in stock from my preferred online supplier, eager to try it. Splurged on Musgo Oak Moss shaving cream, very nice, but also have Ach Brito Lavanda, equally great, half the price. Love the Mogno soap, interested in Musgo, but again double the price, for what I imagine will be an equal performer. I‘m content for now to hold off and enjoy the abundance of quality soaps/ creams I’m working through. It’s hard not to scratch that itch though.

Sartoria Cardona when I want to go bespoke. Gutteridge for "everyday" attire. Velasca for Italian handmade shoes.

For dress, Canali:

68CEF446-FD20-49B7-B4CA-45E4AE2E52C3.jpeg

And for casual, shell:

2C7C2CC9-BC33-447B-807C-B69641D1954E.jpeg

I'll probably use my La Toja stick again early next week. Saturday's shave is to be with the Hoffritz Slant, and a German razor should be accompanied with a German soap, so Tabac it is. But the La Toja should go well on Monday.

Hi, guys! could you please help me choose between La Toja Classic and La Toja Sensitive Creams? Which scent is stronger/brighter/gentler? Which one should I try first?

I'm quite new to wetshaving, my favorite cream is The Bluebeards Revenge so far, and Proraso Red didn't impress me on the other hand.

Top Bottom