What's new

La Toja Stick: Revisited

I’m traveling this weekend so will bring my stick along for it’s maiden voyage.
Unfortunately I’m going to have to use a shave club cartridge razor for the shave.

Been shaving with it the last two days. On my quarterly drill makeup for the military and left my Cella at home. It performs nice, even when paired with a Fusion 5 cartridge razor.

How would you rate the Taylor of Old Bond Street stick in comparison to the La Toja or the Speick stick? I haven't used a shaving stick in a long long time but wanted to get one for travel.

If you want one of the English brands, I think DR Harris makes the best shave stick. Though, Harris is pretty expensive compared to La Toja or Speick.

How would you rate the Taylor of Old Bond Street stick in comparison to the La Toja or the Speick stick? I haven't used a shaving stick in a long long time but wanted to get one for travel.

I have the TOBS St. James stick and its performance is exemplary. It rolls on easy, smells amazing, and provides a super slick lather. La Toja and Speick are creamier and more moisturizing post-shave. The first time I used it I didn't load enough product and my second pass was barely visible. Didn't matter. I would classify the scent as a woodsy aquatic and definitely in the cologne territory. Very neutral post-shave feel as well, I plan to use it as my summer go-to when it gets hot and humid out. It's not drying though so you could use it whenever. Not cheap but worth it.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Just grate a stick or two into a wide Colt PETG jar from Maggard Razors. Et voilá.

B0396222-933B-411D-A03A-7C3B4E88B809.jpeg

Top Bottom