What's new

La Toja shaving stick first impression

La Toja is one of my very favorite scents. Long before the stick was up to bat in my lineup, I'd sneak upstairs just to smell it. Loved it! ... And unfortunately it was one-and-done for me because it lit my face on fire.

I like the scent so much that I will probably try the cream someday to see if I get the same reaction. (Heck, I'm dumb enough that I'll probably even try the stick again.)

--Lee

Just took another whiff. I get stale tobacco. My wife said soap. My son said bathroom. I'll probably give it to whoever wants to pay shipping.
I am stoked to complete the triumvirate, since I have and like Arko and Palmolive; although the latter is a little dull for scent, they're great performers for me.
Any idea shipping cost to Cambridge, Ontario, Canada? Slowest / cheapest welcome... I'm not running out of soaps with seven in rotation, two travel sticks, and one tube cream. ;)

The soap produces an amazing lather when I take it on trips--so much so that I should use it more. The scent to me smells like very strong laundry detergent. It's fresh, but it's not what I want for every day

Another La Toja lover here. A great amount of slickness remains after a first pass. One of the greatest performers!

The scent is distinctive. I would describe it as mineral salty but once I heard someone say "It smells like old lady". Each shave reminds me of this :001_smile.

Another La Toja lover here. A great amount of slickness remains after a first pass. One of the greatest performers!
The scent is distinctive. I would describe it as mineral salty but once I heard someone say "It smells like old lady". Each shave reminds me of this :001_smile.

Think of this instead: fresh washed linen. clean and fresh.

I love La Toja stick, and I recently got La Toja cream in a big-ol' tube. I LOVE the scent. It is probably my favorite shaving soap/cream scent, followed by I Coloniali. The cream smell like the soap stick.

I'm into creams right now, using cold water and applying all of the different creams in a brushless method. My shaves have been stellar!

I actually stopped using La Tons because of its feel mainly.

It always made my face tingle. But I did like how the container to hold the stick had air holes

does the la troja stick contain glycerin?

how is it compared to Godrej?

Yes, it contains glycerin. Sixth on the ingredient list.

The only comparison to Godrej I'd make is that they are both tallow free. And they both perform great for their price point. But scent is different, post shave feels different. One's a stick the other is a puck. Again, though, both are good performers.

Now that I think about it, Godrej is easier to lather. It took a while for me to crack the code with La Toja. The key? Water. La Toja may be my thirstiest soap.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I didn't see a comment or comparison to the as
does the shave stuck scent match the as?
i recently bought the as not knowing it wasn't made in Spain anymore it smells nice out of the bottle to me its similar to proraso green. I haven't used it yet

I didn't see a comment or comparison to the as
does the shave stuck scent match the as?

i recently bought the as not knowing it wasn't made in Spain anymore it smells nice out of the bottle to me its similar to proraso green. I haven't used it yet

There is a comment on the AS compared to the stick. See above. They don't match.

Top Bottom