What's new

La Toja shaving stick first impression

I didn't see a comment or comparison to the as
does the shave stuck scent match the as?
i recently bought the as not knowing it wasn't made in Spain anymore it smells nice out of the bottle to me its similar to proraso green. I haven't used it yet

There is a comment on the AS compared to the stick. See above. They don't match.

Yeah, they’re not even close. The AS (and balm) are very cologne compared to the pure soapy scent of the stick.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Yeah, they’re not even close. The AS (and balm) are very cologne compared to the pure soapy scent of the stick.
fair enough
i finally used the as the scent is pleasing but not overpowering doesn't linger long

To me the stick smells like fresh laundry with maybe a bit of salt (or I could be imagining it based on the ingedients). The a/s balm smells and performs like Nivea, which costs far less. I like the convenience of the soap stick container, but a vintage Colgate/Palmolive tin is cooler.

I think that's what most guys agree on that it smells like fresh laundry. A nice refreshing scent. It does come in a convenient container.

Mongoose Wave.JPG

I think that's what most guys agree on that it smells like fresh laundry. A nice refreshing scent. It does come in a convenient container.

View attachment 905809

Agree on all points.

As for the convenient container; it works great at home but for travel it might be better to shove the stick into a sock or a plastic container as the top has the nasty habit of falling off.

The best stick for travel in my opinion remains the Tabac stick with its large surface and solid container with twist-off cap.

B.

Agree on all points.

As for the convenient container; it works great at home but for travel it might be better to shove the stick into a sock or a plastic container as the top has the nasty habit of falling off.
The best stick for travel in my opinion remains the Tabac stick with its large surface and solid container with twist-off cap.

B.

Tabac does come in a nice package. A great soap also.

La Toja has a fresh powdery scent almost like clean laundry. I think it's an excellent product and in fair price.
I've grated 3 sticks in a ceramic jar and i lather directly from it.

I feel sorry that new guys in wet shaving didn't got the chance to use the now discontinued La Toja manantiales ... it was an excellent soap.

I've used 2 shave sticks Speick & LaToja. To me they are about the same in performance. Easy lathering very nice cushion. I think I will use only shave sticks from now on.

I turn everything into a stick. MWF makes a great stick, but ready-to-go sticks from D.R. Harris are also hard to beat. My favorites are Arlington, Marlborough and Lavender.

Top Bottom