What's new

La Toja question....

I have a question about the revered cream, LA Toja.

It seems thinner than my recent acquisitions of Proraso Blue, Lea Classic Sensitive, Palmolive (red tube), and Vitos Mentolo.

Is it really thinner? I mean when it comes out of the tube. All the rest seem to be thicker - what you squirt out holds together better, seems more solid. It seems to work fine, just thin.

Thanks for the help in advance!

Attachments

• 20230318_073711.jpg
    20230318_073711.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 35
Also.... La Toja's smell...

I am a man who finds nothing wrong with the Arko smell. I like excessive use of Clubman Special Reserve. I find the medicinal smell of Vitos cream weird but tolerable. Heck, I even like, AND can wear The VEG!

But there is something about the mineral smell of La Toja that is off putting. The "salt" I guess. I have made myself use it all week, and while the initial smell is good and performance is good, I am not thinking we will be long term friends.

Am I doing it wrong? People really praise this stuff, and I hate to be the YMMV poster boy, so is it just me, or are there others who feel this way?

I read here that they changed the scent so perhaps you got the „Improved“ product.

Also I see that you got the sensitive cream and not the regular dark red tube which has again a different scent.

What happens with new tubes of La Toja is that some of the oils or something separate and when you squeeze out the cream that is what runs out. As you get into the tube a bit more, the cream will be thicker, but not as thick as something like Ach Brito by any means. It lathers easier and is slicker than any other cream I've ever tried.

It does have a bit of a salty smell because it contains mineral salts from the volcanic hot springs on La Toja island.

So, I came back to my La Toja today after a few weeks away from it. Better than I remember, and a good shave. Still thin, but better. I can't say I find it better than the other creams or Arko in my earlier picture, they are all seemingly variations on very good to great.

@J-wall Did you know that Arko also makes creams? I like them a lot.
Yes, I am aware, but I have not tried them recently. I tried one years ago and it caused a reaction to I PIF'd it to a friend. My plan is to settle with Vitos and Arko sticks once I use up all this other cool stuff. I really do want to at least attempt to save money doing this.

Thank you for the reminder!

(Says the man that has ordered 2 Schick Krona style razors off the Bay this very day! I may be as hopeless as the rest of you!)

LEA blue shaving cream performs well and smells better than La Toja ones.
However, La Toja shaving stick is second to none.

Top Bottom