What's new

La Toja could be the best soap of all, period.

Do you use it in a bowl or as a stick?
I just used it in stick fashion. Lathered on my face with a cheap 24mm Yaqi synthetic brush. I actually enjoyed the process. I gave the stick to my son in law that I just introduced to DE shaving as it is so easy to lather. Earlier today I ordered a 3 pack. I missed having it. I like to rotate my soaps but something about face lathering La Toja with a soft tipped synthetic is divine. It will stay in my rotation.

I just used it in stick fashion. Lathered on my face with a cheap 24mm Yaqi synthetic brush. I actually enjoyed the process. I gave the stick to my son in law that I just introduced to DE shaving as it is so easy to lather. Earlier today I ordered a 3 pack. I missed having it. I like to rotate my soaps but something about face lathering La Toja with a soft tipped synthetic is divine. It will stay in my rotation.

I agree 100%. I lather using different methods including a bowl with cream, a bowl with a hard soap, and a stick. I enjoy using a stick the most. I think it's the most efficient way to lather and the most fun.

EJ_General.JPG

I used La Toja stick yesterday for the first time. Loved the lather and the scent is fantastic to me. Whilst shaving, and straight after, my skin felt great. But after a few hours a light tingling turned into dryness and even some red irritation. No other variables as I use the same brush, razor and blade every day. Very rare for me nowadays to get irritation. I will put it away and come back to it in a while. I want to like it, but perhaps it is just not for me!

I agree 100%. I lather using different methods including a bowl with cream, a bowl with a hard soap, and a stick. I enjoy using a stick the most. I think it's the most efficient way to lather and the most fun. . . .
La Toja, along with Tabac and Arko sticks, has always given me a great lather and shave. Never had a bad shave with any of them. If I had known, I'd have bought sticks from the beginning of my DE shaving journey.

La Toja, along with Tabac and Arko sticks, has always given me a great lather and shave. Never had a bad shave with any of them. If I had known, I'd have bought sticks from the beginning of my DE shaving journey.

When I first started using sticks I was having a hard time getting them to work for me. I found Arko and Tabac the easiest to use with the best results. Hard to beat.

I prefer Arko over La Toja because it's easier to apply the soap on the face before I start face lathering. Both soaps have the exact same quality for this price range, it's very good!

Last edited:
Top Bottom