What's new

La Toja could be the best soap of all, period.

I know there have been threads on how good the La Toja shave stick is but I wanted to bring it up again for all the new people to B&B who may not be familiar with it.
As I said in the threads name, I believe La Toja shave stick is the best soap in the world, period. Not just the best stick or the best hard soap, but the best soap period. It’s performance is unmatched IMO. What do you think?

Gillette_1.JPG

Fully agree!!!
I bought a stick a long time ago and sold it, as I’m not a fan of shaving sticks.

About a month ago I purchased another stick and pucked it this time. It’s now one of my all time favorites. It lathers like Tabac, smells great and has a great face feel.

I love La Toja. Together with Cella Bio it is the soap I’m using the most these days. I will never be without it again. The lather is Creamy and Dense and Awesome!

I also have the splash and I love it too!

I paid less than $4 for a stick, so it is also very economical

Yes and no.

I know what you mean, but I can think of others, which (for me) fit into that same (so to speak) category:

Saponificio Varesino
Haslinger
Speick
Valobra (sadly discontinued)

They are all outstanding, but every time I use La Toja in particular, I marvel.

I know what you mean, but I can think of others, which (for me) fit into that same (so to speak) category:

Saponificio Varesino
Haslinger
Speick

They are all outstanding, but every time I use La Toja in particular, I marvel.

I know what you mean. I use to think Mystic Water Bay Rum was just as good but then when I use La Toja again I change my mind. La Toja out performs it.

Monday the stick should arrive. Between you and Bad Badger you've ratcheted up the expectations pretty high.

vs Tabac? hmmm

I don't know about "the best in the world", but I do think it's superb. Also, I used the cream more than the stick... it's also excellent, top notch product.

I think Tabac is still better, but at that point it's really nit-picking.

I put it ups there with Tabac. Certainly the scent is more neutral so it will garner more support among the community.

I feel like I need to add speick to the list of equals here, but I have to refresh myself with it before I say for certain.

I have a puck of SV I have not yet tried.

My newly acquired MDC isn’t far off from Tabac and LaToja either.

Saponificio Varesino
Haslinger
Speick
Valobra (sadly discontinued)

That’s a good list. Of all the soaps in the world, this puts La Toja in pretty good company.

La Toja must be close to the best if price and quality are assessed. For under two Euros in its home country of Spain, it’s just hard to beat. While the scents of SV might be more interesting, the performance of MdC more impressive and the skin moisturizing of B&M or other artisans more effective, at its price point, La Toja would get my #1 vote. I still feel Tabac offers a better performance but it’s more expensive and the difference between the soaps is small IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Similar to tabac. I find it a bit drier.

...and the skin moisturizing of B&M or other artisans more effective, at its price point, La Toja would get my #1 vote.

If true gentlemen this property of La Toja is a FEATURE not a draw back. The trendy fat, fatty, fattier fattness is over the top and makes my face one big super fat mess. Some soaps for days!

It just may be the best soap in the world...

Top Bottom