What's new

La Toja Aftershave

Not sure how many users out there of La Toja aftershave, but I decided on a whim to buy a bottle to go along with my La Toja shaving cream. I haven't used it yet, but I opened it up and gave it a whiff. Smells like a combination of Speick and Mugso Real aftershaves. Anyone else think that? What's your thoughts on the aftershave performance? I typically use Aqua Velva Ice Blue, Red Proraso, and Speick, and an occasional Mugso Real. All splashes.

La Toja Aftershave is great. Arguably, it is the best bang for your buck in terms of skin-friendlyingredients (among AS splashes). You can get it for $12 in the US and €5-8 in Europe.

La Toja AS Splash contains: Allantoin, Panthenol, Camphor, Eucalyptol, Menthol and Mineral Salts.

Plus, the 200ml bottle is HUGE. I use it very often - it pairs wonderfully with the shaving stick

Thanks for the reply. My curiosity got the better of me, so I shaved again today just to use my new La Toja shaving cream and aftershave. Since I've been working from home, I've gone from a daily shaver to about a 2-3 times/week shaver. I shaved yesterday, but what the heck. I normally use hard soaps, but I do have a few creams that I like (proraso, mugso real, and now La Toja).

Both the cream and aftershave perform very nicely. Since this is the aftershave forum, I'll comment on that. I had no real expectations going into today's shave. After completing my shave, I grabbed the huge bottle of La Toja aftershave (this thing is massive compared to my other aftershave bottles). I gave it another smell...yep it's a combo of Speick and Mugso Real to my nose. I splashed a quarter size puddle in my hand, rubbed my hands together and on my face it went. WOW!! This stuff feels amazing. I grabbed a bit more and splashed it on again.....feels good. I'm sure I'm smelling a bit potent at the moment....haha. I do like the scent, but the face feel really blew me away. Of my aftershave collection, this one definitely has the best face feel of the bunch. I'm glad I bought it.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
La Toja Aftershave is great. Arguably, it is the best bang for your buck in terms of skin-friendlyingredients (among AS splashes). You can get it for $12 in the US and €5-8 in Europe.

La Toja AS Splash contains: Allantoin, Panthenol, Camphor, Eucalyptol, Menthol and Mineral Salts.

Plus, the 200ml bottle is HUGE. I use it very often - it pairs wonderfully with the shaving stick

+1 to this. :)

I shaved again today using my La Toja cream/aftershave combo. Man, does my face feel great. Can't believe it took me so long to try La Toja aftershave. Instant sooth upon application. The scent is growing on me as well.

Fantastic product with off the charts face feel.

I shaved again today using my La Toja cream/aftershave combo. Man, does my face feel great. Can't believe it took me so long to try La Toja aftershave. Instant sooth upon application. The scent is growing on me as well.

Fantastic product with off the charts face feel.

You, Sir, have GREAT TASTE (especially as I agree with you)!! :a29:

How strong is the scent, and how long does it linger? I'm a big fan of the La Toja stick and shaving cream, but don't like an AS whose scent sticks around much. Speick is great for me in that regard--smells good, but dissipates quickly.

I find it relatively strong initially (for an AS splash), but it does not last very long. Comparable to Proraso green I would say. Stronger than Speick, definitely, but I never found it to interfere with a cologne and I never recall sniffing La Toja throughout the day

I find it relatively strong initially (for an AS splash), but it does not last very long. Comparable to Proraso green I would say. Stronger than Speick, definitely, but I never found it to interfere with a cologne and I never recall sniffing La Toja throughout the day

I agree with this. Initially you will smell the La Toja, but it dissipates quickly. I’d say I can’t smell it on me after about an hour or so. To me it’s much like Speick and Proraso Green in scent staying power.

I still think it smells like a combination of Speick and Musgo Real aftershaves. It is definitely the best Face feeling aftershave I own. It’s fantastic on that front.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
You dudes are killing me! Now I feel I NEED this stuff, and I've never even tried the stick!

You just KNOW that I will blame you all when my lovely wife sees another AS in the collection!

La Toja shaving cream is excellent. However, I’ve found that the aftershave performs nicely but smells nothing like the cream. Maybe it’s just me but I think it smells like something from a cheap drugstore. I highly recommend the cream but not the aftershave. Same thing goes for Speick, unfortunately.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
La Toja shaving cream is excellent. However, I’ve found that the aftershave performs nicely but smells nothing like the cream. Maybe it’s just me but I think it smells like something from a cheap drugstore. I highly recommend the cream but not the aftershave. Same thing goes for Speick, unfortunately.
Now YOU may have saved me some money friend!

The Speick aftershave works great for soothing the skin, one of the really good aftershaves. The scent only lasts a few minutes. It is in the 4711 ballpark.

While the scent of the AS is not exactly as the cream (don't know what the stick smells like) it complements it beautifully. You know the sum is greater than the parts yadda yadda...

So back to square one FarmerTan :c9:

Top Bottom