What's new

LA Shaving Soap Black Rose

Has anyone used this soap? If so, would you mind to describe the scent? Soap quality? Thanks in advance for any reply.

HotDog-

From other posts of yours I’ve read, I know you enjoy MdC, as do I. It’s hard for me to pick a favorite MdC scent, but I do enjoy the MdC Rose scent quite a bit.

If MdC Rose is scent strength of 10, where would you rate LASS Black Rose (on a 1-10 scale)?

Thanks.

I have a sample of Black Rose that I have used once this far. The black refers to the color, which is driven by activated charcoal component in the soap. Activated charcoal is supposed to be good for skin health and also has some anti-infection benefits.

In terms of the rose scent, it is a light floral scent that is blended with other scents (either cedar or sandalwood, geranium and perhaps others). It is a nice balanced blend.

As others have stated, LASSCO has very good performance. Maggard Razors sells samples if you want to try it out before you commit to a full puck.

HotDog-

From other posts of yours I’ve read, I know you enjoy MdC, as do I. It’s hard for me to pick a favorite MdC scent, but I do enjoy the MdC Rose scent quite a bit.

If MdC Rose is scent strength of 10, where would you rate LASS Black Rose (on a 1-10 scale)?

Thanks.

From what I remember, I would call it a 3 or a 4, with respect to MdC. I would give it a solid 2, compared to the average strength of most soaps on the market.

There is a geranium note that goes very nicely with the rose. I like the added complexity of it. I couldn't smell the cedar, jasmine, vetiver, clove, and lime, though. I think those oils are meant to anchor the scent, or something.

Thank you for the info. My MdC Rose jar is about 25% full so I think I’ll give the LASS a shot. I just received a jar of MdC original from France about 3 weeks ago, and at the time, the MdC Rose was OOS.
From what I remember, I would call it a 3 or a 4, with respect to MdC. I would give it a solid 2, compared to the average strength of most soaps on the market.

There is a geranium note that goes very nicely with the rose. I like the added complexity of it. I couldn't smell the cedar, jasmine, vetiver, clove, and lime, though. I think those oils are meant to anchor the scent, or something.

I don't quite understand the purpose of the activated charcoal (AC). AC binds organic molecules. If you pack it suspended in a pool of organic molecules, I would think that all of the binding sites would be saturated before it ever reaches your face.

Top Bottom